truck wants to take off on me - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
truck wants to take off on me

I just got my truck back from Ford. It went with codes from the #2 injector. The codes popped up from driving up a twisty hill, so I didnt get on it too much, and the truck let out a huge roar and I let off the accelerator and the truck kept going. Pretty scarry! It stopped accelerating then I went to accelerate then it died.
When this was going on I looked in my mirror and saw a huge amount of smoke dumping out.
I've been running the 275LL tune.
So Ford found a cracked piston, bad #2 injector, crcked small block, and a lot of excess oil throughout. They also changed the rocker arms. I also had a full EGR delete with all the pipes and waste gate; and head studs put in while in the shop.
So I was told to put 1000 easy miles on it before I tow or anything. The first few day I ran the 275LL tune since thats all I had for the EGR delete And everything seemed to run fine. Ive been unsure since Ive been runing it light on the peddle.

After about 300 miles in less thatn a week it started to get that loud air intake roar and it tried to take off on me again. I updated my tunes to the EGR deletes and am now runing the lowest tune (40LL).
I was driving up an on ramp to the interstate, it a had a little grade to it, so i had to give it a little more to get up to speed. NOT MUCH and Im in a low tune. And there went a lot of smoke out the pipe and it was driving it self on to the intersate. I was able to resume control.
The past few days Ive been able to control this by listening out for the intake roar and just babying the accelerator to get to highway speeds. It takes me like 45 maybe a minuet to get to 60-65mpg to keep that roar down an hope to not have it take off on me.
Also every time I start it I get a different personalit it seems like...It is always quiet and smooth sounding frome the out side but the differances are some times it will blow more white smoke than i think it should for a longer time after first starting and other times not. AND some times there is a rough idle....not sounding but you can feel it slightly while sitting behind the wheel.

Can anybody help out? Is there anything I can have the tunner monitor while driving? My Ford guy is out for another week.
A little long winded story there, but thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I responded to your thread in our tech support forum.

Sounds like more injector troubles to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.