Please Help with my H&S 6.4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 04:06 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please Help with my H&S 6.4

I recently installed an h&s mini Max loved it at first drive. I have a 4 inch turbo back exhaust, afe stage 2 si intake. Running 35 toyo mts on stock rims. I paid someone to install this all for me and well I'm not sure about the install. For starters the pipe came apart and got scratches It slipped the clamp and let's say I was pissed.. I have since had it tacked in place. I didn't do an egr block off plate cause they refused to do so. I am thinking of upgrading the cooler I was told that's better anyway .. I updated my tuner or so I thought and now it seems to shift a little harder and not get up as easy I rarely pull in it when I reinstalled it I went for mild tunes instead of hot damn I think he had it in the HD tunes also it seems to go from hot to no power now I am running I think the first stock tranny option not sure i have heard it might be my pyro taking me from hot to no power I really am new to this.. Is it bad to run the hot damn all the time it's a daily driver but I never get down to hard I normally don't exceed 75-80 unless to pass any info would be greatly appreciated I am also looking to get a 4 inch lift and traction bars and power steps but I work 7-12s so I am waiting to do this all at once any info suggestions on lift or anything is great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I run the hd300 daily and it has worked great for me. The trans shifting will be a
Little hard for a bit if you just installed a new tune. You can either do the relearn or just let it learn on its own. Letting it learn on its own is the way I have been doing it for the last few times I've switched something. Also, if you have the most recent update you should be able to go into your settings to see which tunes are installed.

Not to sure on the other issues if you meant it would go from hot to no power on its own? If so then I would check in the menu under defuel settings. Maybe he set some of them for you.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:52 AM

Yea I know it's in the mild and not hd I am pretty sure it was hd tunes I am not sure how to do transmission relearn as far as the defuel I am also not sure about I have found that setting but have no clue what it means I know it's set to throw out more soot and I know that's bad but after wanting a diesel for so long I kinda like it lol any more ideas on it going from hot to no power I hear it beeping I am guessing something is getting too hot just not sure

Old 12-30-2012, 05:55 AM

I would suspect it's the defuel settings if it's beeping. Post up what they are set at if they are set. Might be the cold coolant setting.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 AM

I think it's basically set at default

Old 12-30-2012, 06:57 AM

So you have been running he truck in the hot setting? Does it dial back to no power instantly or after a bit of driving?

The defuels are off as default. They have to be set and switched to on for them to work.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 AM

Yea I was running in hot damn 300 hp hot no real problems it would still beep once I got really on it or towards a top speed. Now I am running mild 275 or 250 tune hot and it's still running ok it seems to beep more and have less power and it will still cycle hot to no power if I really get on it

Old 12-30-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewhavard5 View Post
Yea I was running in hot damn 300 hp hot no real problems it would still beep once I got really on it or towards a top speed. Now I am running mild 275 or 250 tune hot and it's still running ok it seems to beep more and have less power and it will still cycle hot to no power if I really get on it

What are your defuels set at & are they on?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 AM

Not sure i will go check after my lunch break I think it's all either off or at default

Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewhavard5 View Post
Not sure i will go check after my lunch break I think it's all either off or at default

Well if all of them are off then there's another issue. Anyways post up when you know what they are and if they're on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.