New h&s update produces high boost numbers - Page 12 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey View Post
I got er downloaded. Im letting the truck warm up now.
Ruff Tuff hope youdont mine me copying your defuel settings.
Im also trying out the S1L trans tune this time... waiting for everything to warm up to do a relearn. Its 10 degrees here in Appleton City, mo
Skip the relearn... not required. No need to put extra stress on your ride...

Last edited by RUFFSTUFF; 01-14-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
How was your oil colder than your coolant by 10 degrees while towing? You might have other issues other than your pyro.
Usually, I would expect the oil to be colder when the truck is warming up, but when you are talking 200-210 degrees, that's pretty warm.
My bad- flip flop those visa versa. Oil was 210 and coolant was 200 I was towing through the hills of west Texas.

Sent from another smart phone..
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Premium Member

I dont know if i like this S1L. I liked highway driving and getting up to speed, but driving through a hilly road it seemed like i was shifting a lot from 4th TC to 5th. Dont know if thats a bad thing or not. I may go to the S2 shifts. I dont know that a 4th TC is good for me or not, towing and we have curves and hills here. The new tune is nice though. I have zero rattle like i did before and there is no smoke. im on 3 and normally if i hit the throttle it will smoke, but not much more then a haze on this .47tune
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts678 View Post
My bad- flip flop those visa versa. Oil was 210 and coolant was 200 I was towing through the hills of west Texas.

Aha! Gotcha...
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
I dont know if i like this S1L. I liked highway driving and getting up to speed, but driving through a hilly road it seemed like i was shifting a lot from 4th TC to 5th. Dont know if thats a bad thing or not. I may go to the S2 shifts. I dont know that a 4th TC is good for me or not, towing and we have curves and hills here. The new tune is nice though. I have zero rattle like i did before and there is no smoke. im on 3 and normally if i hit the throttle it will smoke, but not much more then a haze on this .47tune

Either the .45 or .46 tune reduced the smoke significantly. I smoke less on 5 now than I did on 3 then.
The difference between S1 and S2 isn't the shift points but whether or not you get the 4th lockup. Maybe you might want to try the S1M? I just know I much prefer the 4th lockup over not having it as in the S2 tunes. S2 = wasted rpm IMO.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM
Don't you worry about it

I also tried the S1 tunes again and found them unbearable. S2M is the closest to stock to me.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I tried it to... Don't like it all. Ill leave it on the s2

Old 01-14-2013, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

Yah i dont know. the S1 is nice to drive through the gears, but im just not into it. For my country road driving and hunting. Now if i were rolling through cities and stuff alot the 4th lockout would seem better maybe....Im going to go back to S2. probably try S2L this time instead of the medium shift. The TC lock freaks me out when im a little heavier on the throttle... My driving is 0 to speed limit, so i dont see that 4th TC lock is beneficial when most of the time im locked in 5th. Anyway to each there own.
I also downloaded the .47 tune and finally set my defuel levels for everything. I really like it. its weird to not smoke out everything when you get on it at level 3 though.
Is the throttle response on level 5 better. I thought thats what i was reading on here??
Old 01-14-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
This is exactly what I was talking about. I dont mind the lockup in 4th but it is constantly in and out between 4th and 5th in town which is where most of my driving is. The s2l is almost identical to my kem 345. But it wont lock under part throttle like my 345 or s1l tunes. I guess i will have to play with mcc and make my s1l shift 5th at 45 so it will stay in gear. The in and out of lock up worries me more than the rpms.

Quote:
Yah i dont know. the S1 is nice to drive through the gears, but im just not into it. For my country road driving and hunting. Now if i were rolling through cities and stuff alot the 4th lockout would seem better maybe....Im going to go back to S2. probably try S2L this time instead of the medium shift. The TC lock freaks me out when im a little heavier on the throttle... My driving is 0 to speed limit, so i dont see that 4th TC lock is beneficial when most of the time im locked in 5th. Anyway to each there own.
I also downloaded the .47 tune and finally set my defuel levels for everything. I really like it. its weird to not smoke out everything when you get on it at level 3 though.
Is the throttle response on level 5 better. I thought thats what i was reading on here??
Hey, I tried both levels and 5 is a tad smokier, but you get the injector rattle back. 3 is clean and very responsive. 4 is exactly like the 345 on my truck. I cant tell a power difference on any of them. I know 3 is a good setting for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Premium Member

I went back to the S2L. So far i like it. I dont have the MCC or id probably adjust mine to be at a different speed as well, also not sure if im smart enough to play with all that stuff you can do... I also changed to the level 5 smoke! Not really anything different IMO, other then what you stated before. I think at 3, havent tried 4, but at 3 its just a smooth sounding engine. S2L or S2M is what I like.
i cant really compare to anything else, ive only ran the H&S 300 tunes.. Of the two updates that i have done though this is the best feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.