LMFAO - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
LMFAO

So my girlfriend and I were driving through town and passed a 2006 corvette and were discussing how pretty it was. We had finished the conversation and were stopped at a light and the vette pulls up next to us. She asks me if I see what is next to us and I say I do and she says "well, punch it up" pointing at my mini max. So being the good boy friend that I am I do as I'm told. The light changes and the vette leaves at a bit faster than normal speed. I just match his pace. He speeds up more probably wondering why I was staying with him. I give it a bit more throttle and as soon as I start to pull ahead of him he hits the throttle. I do the same and light the rear end up, I let off just enough to stop the tires spinning and then right back on the throttle. I knew the truck was fast but I simply started to walk away from him. When his front end was at the middle of my truck bed he let off. I slowed down to let him catch up and he wouldn't catch up and he turned off at the next turn. I can not stop smiling. For those of you thinking of shaming me for racing I want you to know this was the closed course section of town and all driving was performed by professional drivers so please keep your shames to yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bet you were smileing for an hour! Very cool
Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

nice, i love that when that happens
Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Lol

I'm driving my little Honda ricer picking on all the diesel trucks I can find.. bet their laughing at me cuz I am but I am bored
Old 12-15-2012, 06:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer250 View Post
So my girlfriend and I were driving through town and passed a 2006 corvette and were discussing how pretty it was. We had finished the conversation and were stopped at a light and the vette pulls up next to us. She asks me if I see what is next to us and I say I do and she says "well, punch it up" pointing at my mini max. So being the good boy friend that I am I do as I'm told. The light changes and the vette leaves at a bit faster than normal speed. I just match his pace. He speeds up more probably wondering why I was staying with him. I give it a bit more throttle and as soon as I start to pull ahead of him he hits the throttle. I do the same and light the rear end up, I let off just enough to stop the tires spinning and then right back on the throttle. I knew the truck was fast but I simply started to walk away from him. When his front end was at the middle of my truck bed he let off. I slowed down to let him catch up and he wouldn't catch up and he turned off at the next turn. I can not stop smiling. For those of you thinking of shaming me for racing I want you to know this was the closed course section of town and all driving was performed by professional drivers so please keep your shames to yourself.
whats done to your truck?!?! thats a good kill
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
All I have done is mini max, 4" flo-pro w/muffler, s&b intake, all the proper maintenance and F-bomb fuel additive. The truck is a 2008 and runs like a champ. Tomorrow I will be adding three more horsepower as I will be pulling my ponies to the lake for a ride. Lol
Old 12-15-2012, 06:26 PM

prob the average 6.4 mods. tuner ,exhaust and intake? just those three makes these trucks sick.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:27 PM

dang, my computer didnt refresh so i didnt see you posted that
Old 12-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Man I love it!!! Just installed all of the goodies the past few days and I'm still smiling from about half throttle and I am amazed
Old 12-15-2012, 07:17 PM

Vette probably shifted into 4th gear due to that stupid skip-shift thing. LS2 C6 traps over 110mph even with an idiot behind the wheel.

Only time a truck even stays in the same zip code as my car is when they let off before the turbos spool since they hit it usually after i shift into a higher gear.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.