Superchips 1808 causing major problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Superchips 1808 causing major problems

I own a 2008 F-350 6.4 Lariat. I recently went through major problems with an AFE intake I installed. I posted my thoughts on that. I have owned a Superchips 1808 Flashpaq for a few months now. I returned to stock when I had the problems with the AFE intake throwing codes.
I decided to re-install the tuner.. What the heck I paid 400$ and the truck seems to be running fine. I re-installed the tuner as per the instructions, and now the truck will not start, and it is flashing a red flashing padlock on the dash. This means a problem with the ECM, Roadside Assistance and another trip to the dealer caused by trying to modify this vehicle. I hope it is covered under warranty. Take my word, it DOES NOT PAY to modify these vehicles. I lived and learned again.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Oooops!

Crap that stinks! I sure hope you get to the bottom of this quickly and inexpensively! I was very much looking forward to putting both an intake and SCT Livewire on my new f 250. You have me a little scared now. If I understood your post correctly you have been running the tuner for some time with no problems. After installing the new intake you started throwing codes so you went back to the stock tune. Then you got the intake either back to stock or remedied the AFE issues and when you attempted to reinstall the custom tune things went really really wrong! What about the tech support line for the company that supports your tuner??? I would be pretty pissed if I paid $400.00 for something, it screwed up my truck and then no one would help me fix it. Tell me I have lost you along the way or are you really screwed and all alone dealing with the Ford dealer who is going to give you a ration of crap about tweaking you new truck and bill you accordingly???
Old 10-30-2007, 02:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You understood me correctly. I was updating the tuner periodically and when I re-installed, the problems occured. I called Roadside Assistance, I will keep you posted. I submitted a complaint ticket to Superchips but have heard nothing yet..
Old 10-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Sorry your having such problems with modding your truck....I have a question though when did you buy it?? The reason I ask is because there already is a new computer update for these trucks and from what I have been told the first 100,000 trucks or so have the old "program". If you have taking the truck to the dealer to get it reflashed or for any computer work, that could be your problem....
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Emergency Services

My buddy took his new truck into the dealer for A/C problems. When he got his truck back he couldn't install his tuner back into his truck. He called the tuner company and they suggested calling the dealer to see exactly what they did to his truck while they had it. When he called the dealer they advised him they flashed his computer to update it with the new information. When he called the tuner company back they had him send his tuner back to them with dealer slips of work performed and charged him $200.00 to unlock the programer (it was VIN locked). He has it back now and everything is back to normal.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just got a call from the dealer. According to them, "something" has interfered with the theft deterrent system. They need to install a new ECM. Thank goodness it will be covered under warranty. I do not think I will attempt to re-install my Flashpaq. Don't think FoMoCo will cover this again. Be careful what you buy and install. Now I have 700.00 worth of mods sitting on my shelf. Anyone interested in a AFE Intake or a Superchips 1808 reasonably priced? Just kidding. Happy Halloween!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.