Which programmer? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Which programmer?

I recently bought a 08 6.4 it came with a sct livewire with tunes from innovative diesel. I don't like how its shifting though.. Tryin to get in touch with Eric to see if he can fix it. If not what other programmers are good to use I've heard a lot about h&s and spartan but not sure which is better or how they work for that matter. I've seen things saying tunes are free then some cost so I'm lost. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 04:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im new to the diesel forum but have much experience with custom tuning in gas engines... If you have a custom tune you should be able to have it adjusted to whatever your liking for a minimal charge, certainly less than investing in a new programmer...
Old 12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
H&S minimax is the best thing out there for the average 6.4/6.7 user.

Shift on the fly tuning and great reviews. BUT, if your gonna buy one, JUMP ON IT cuz their being pushed to stop production by the EPA... Already running out of stock everywhere and prices going up. You wont regret it!

Soon, the prices will be outrageous for them once their sold out!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to InMotionJosh
My favorite tunes and what really cleaned up my tranny was KEM tunes. I ran spartan for a long time but KEM was the best.

Also, if your shifts are really firm, traction bars will really help out.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Premium Member

It's kinda difficult to explain what it does its smooth but 2nd to 3rd acts weird every now and then at wot. it doesn't do it everytime but once was enough for me. its like it hesitates. almost positive its got something to do with tuning. i called innovative diesel today but haven't heard back from them yet i personaly didn't buy the tunes from them the guy i bought the truck from did. so idk if they'll fix them or make me buy new ones but if i have to spend 400.00 for tunes i'm swapping programers. i like the sct just don't care much for the looks of it.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:54 PM

Not that Spartan makes a bad product or anything, but I think most guys are going to tell you to get an H&S Mini Maxx on here. I love it.

Selectable trans tunes. Lots of free tunes. Great driveability. Shift power levels on the fly. Great resale value (b/c you don't have to re-buy tunes if you're the next guy). It also gives decent monitoring capabilities over your sensors.

It's not as great in as the Spartan in that respect, but some people complain about how rough the Spartan is on shifting and also how you can't shift on the fly.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Premium Member

I timed how long it took to change programs on my livewire today and it was 16 minutes. That's one part to this sct that i HATE if they can't fix the shifting problem that just gives me another reason to swap to h&s or spartan

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-11-2012, 09:25 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
No matter what your gonna have the 15 minute down loads. The only thing is h&s you can down load the hot damn tuning. And switch from +50 hp to +300hp with a few clicks of a button. Also with the added power, axle wrap greatly exaggerates the shift firmness. Start looking into a set of traction bars to help it out.

Can you pm me more pics of your truck. I love it!!! And could use some ideas for the future
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

Yeah I will. I had a 6.0 before this one and have fallen in love with it. It has much more power and a lot better throttle response. Wish I would've bought one from the beginning now. Its hell tryin to keep my girl outta the driver seat to this one.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Dang, didn't know Ward sold his truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.