Odd H&S issue - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Odd H&S issue

First time this has happen. Driving down the road at 55mph and my Minn Maxx truns off and then truns right back on. Like it was reset its self. And now it happen again on the way home about the same speed. The truck acts fine and runs normal. This all happen in about 120miles of driving today. Everything is hookup good.

Sent from the can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Check and make sure the power wire has a good connection to the purple wire. If you used a displacement connector try twisting it on the wire a little.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 AM

also check to see if the obd2 port plug is tight
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Don't you worry about it

If I bump mine with my leg or something it resets.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:02 PM

Had mine do this on me, ended up being a faulty HDMI cord, switched to a new cord and no more issues. Wiggle everything you can to try and narrow it down but it will be tough sometimes to find still.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:49 PM

Is it the cable just a normal HDMI cable I can get a walmart.

Thanks guys

Sent from the can!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Don't you worry about it

yes standard HDMI cable. You can order them on line for a fraction of the cost of a store but I wouldn't think the HDMI cable would cause it to reboot. That sounds more like a power cord issue.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:21 PM

Yup normal HDMI, I used the one in my BlendMount so that was perfect timing but you could borrow your TV's if you wanted to just check it first. The unit restarts because the display is only powered by the HDMI cord, if there is a problem with the cord it is going to affect what you see and how the unit reacts as everything is run through the one cord. The module is powered by the purple wire and that may not reboot itself but you don't see what that unit is doing you only see the screen.

To check for voltage issues you can also put the voltage gauge on and drive around for a week or so. If you have a loose battery terminal or loose ground somewhere on the truck you may never see full 14.3 charge and may find things like 10v and 11v on your screen and random reboots. They may feel tight as well but there isn't a lot of wiggle room with some of the connections so put a wrench on just to make sure they are tight.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 PM

This just happen again this time when it happen I was just rolling back into to keep speed(45mph) I had a loud bang and the truck shudder (I was think maybe ice falling from the sign we were going under.) At the same time the minn maxx power off then back on. Everything looks good I check all the hookups, the truck still run fine.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Don't you worry about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGo'N'Show View Post
Yup normal HDMI, I used the one in my BlendMount so that was perfect timing but you could borrow your TV's if you wanted to just check it first. The unit restarts because the display is only powered by the HDMI cord, if there is a problem with the cord it is going to affect what you see and how the unit reacts as everything is run through the one cord. The module is powered by the purple wire and that may not reboot itself but you don't see what that unit is doing you only see the screen.

To check for voltage issues you can also put the voltage gauge on and drive around for a week or so. If you have a loose battery terminal or loose ground somewhere on the truck you may never see full 14.3 charge and may find things like 10v and 11v on your screen and random reboots. They may feel tight as well but there isn't a lot of wiggle room with some of the connections so put a wrench on just to make sure they are tight.
That makes sense. I clearly didn't think that through all the way lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.