Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The 'Sip
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1.where can I find the best instruction or video of installation?
2.I watched a video of someone putting a copper sealant on block off plates and I am wondering if it's necessary?
3.is there any tips or tricks that would make the removal of junk and instillation of block off plates?
4.what tools do I need to complete the project?
5. How much coolant does my tRuck hold?
6. Is the coolant mixed with water or is it straight coolant?
1. There are links on here for EGR deletes on 6.4 that work great... search for them (sorry, I don't have the link on hand). Google Sinister's EGR delete kit instructions. They are slightly better than the ones for Flo-Pro.
2. I didn't and mine doesn't leak. You could if you wanted to I guess.
3. Patience. Taking the vertical cooler out will require some twisting and a little bit of grunt power. The horizontal one will take longer but can be worked through the spot where your battery box was.
4. Wrench set, a few deep sockets, a few extensions for 1/4" and 3/8" drive (3, 6, 9, and 12" would be great).
5. 5 gallons of mix is what you'll need, maybe 1 or 2 more... but 8 gallons of mix for a full refill. If your coolant looks good coming out, make sure you're draining into a clean container. You can reuse it until you do a full system flush.
It may be your only purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.