New Guy looking to buy a Mini Maxx before purchasing a truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Guy looking to buy a Mini Maxx before purchasing a truck

Hey guys, Let me start out by saying I'm new to 6.4's but have been doing alot of reading. I have it figured out I want to run an H&S Tuner and delete the DPF and EGR, add an exhaust, intake, etc...but...I havn't purchased a truck yet. In all reality, it will probably be some time in January before I am able to pull the trigger on the right truck, after I find the right one, and then start building from there. My plans are just for a solid reliable truck with towing and longevity in mind more than just plain horsepower and torque numbers.

My concerns are revolving around the ability to still purchase the Mini Maxx and proceed with my build despite the recent events surrounding H&S.

I am looking for some advice on the pros and cons of purchasing a Mini Maxx now before purchasing the truck.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 AM

the truck, with the tuner- is a total different animal.. coming from gassers as I did, I was not prepared for the differences between detuned and tuned.. it is huge on the diesel, and apparently this one in particular..

the tuner has several settings that will meet your needs.. it's just a matter of finding the one that works for you..

doing the deletes is the way to go, imHo, as it eliminates the source of many of the problems these things have..

if you purchase now (which I rec you do because availability is going to be an issue by january) you'll have it staged to use for yourself.. it may not be available by january.. if you buy now and DON'T buy the truck, it may be a nice investment to have still packaged, as you can possibly sell it for twice what you've invested by then..
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Buy it now....You can always sell it if things fall through on the "New" truck. I'm willing to bet the price on a Mini will only go up from here. Electric gold....LOL
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 AM

We have plenty if you need one.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:39 AM

I highly recommend buying one because you will always be able to resell it. I also recommend updating the tuner as soon as you get it so that you can guarantee that you have the most current files available. I have returned my truck back to stock and it is not even fun to drive now.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Buy now and update all the tunes that you would like to have incase they go bye bye. I would suggest downloading ALL of the tunes. If you dont use it, resell it. There are always used H&S tuners for sale when people sell trucks that you could buy later if you dont want to buy now, but not that many.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Plus if you don't buy now and something happens, I see the used tuners capable of deletes will raise in value if the EPA stops all tuners.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:03 PM

If you buy new, buy from PTP....they are the best to deal with period! Ask for Nate or Eric.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo kidd View Post
If you buy new, buy from PTP....they are the best to deal with period! Ask for Nate or Eric.
Thanks bud,
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 PM

All the Mini Maxx's and I belive the XRT's come with all the newest tuning including the Hot Damn tuning. Will completely wake your truck up! We switched a Customers truck from his SCT to the H&S and he Dyno'd 578 and previously did 420 with his SCT and the transmission Strategy tuning is top notch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.