SCT livewire extreme problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT livewire extreme problems

I have nothing but hell with my truck while programed with the SCT programmer it bucks and jerks while towing weather the cruise control is on or off. I've updated the programmer and have been in contact with SCT about the problem but there seems to not be a fix everything they tell me to do doesn't work. I've had the truck at the dealer several times and they do not find anything wrong with the truck. I wondering if anyone else was running an SCT programmer dpf delete and having any of the same issues.. Is it possible my programmer is a piece of junk??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Premium Member

programmer might not be easy on the eyes.. but its great when used with custom tunes from someone like IDP, Gearhead, KEM, etc. you need to get custom tunes from one of these places.. you'll notice a world of difference. the canned tunes from SCT are junk compared to the custom tunes. do some searching on the forum on those tuning companies. Lots of info. I personally Prefer Gearhead Hot street and KEM 345 are my 2 favorite.. and Gearhead Tow Tune when towing.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Honestly I didn't even read your post but I had a SCT junk box and it was a joke!!!!!!! I tried a Kem tune and it was even worst. Horrible costumer service from both company's and the 310 tune fried my tcm and PCM. Resulting in nothing but headaches. Do your truck right with a mini maxx. You'll wonder why you waited so long lol. It's the truth period. Runs cooler to. I had high egt's with kem's tunes. Plus the monitor looks like it could be from the 90's.....

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Inbox me If you want to talk more I can explain into detail about my experience with both company's.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have had my SCT livewire on my truck for over a year and a half running IDP's tunes and havent had one issue, truck runs how it should run!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I use sct with kem tune and no complaints and low egt. I tried the canned sct tunes what a complete joke. Get those off your truck ASAP. Kem tunes for the sct are only 75 bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.