Emmision Testing In Your State? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Emmision Testing In Your State?

First off, I donít want this to turn into a bash fest or derail the issue. Iím curious to see what each state is doing for emission testingÖ.Now and in the future (If known). So members please chime in and let me know where you are from and what your state does for emission testing.

As for H&S and the diesel community, what is done is done, now we have to wait for the outcome. I hope H&S can prove a few points to the EPA about the BullSH!T emissions that are on our trucks. At the very least, they need to understand that trucks from 2007.5 to 2010 are the ones that suffered the most. As the engine makers find "New" technology, the diesel motors will become more reliable with emissions intact. HOWEVER, they are not there yet. Maybe the EPA can lighten up on some of our tweener trucks for now (2007.5 to 2010)? Going forward, they can tighten things up as the engine makers get a chance to developed better more reliable solutions. This would also allow companies like H&S to develop some clean tunes and emmisions friendly performance modifications. Maybe a high-flow DPF? The bottom line is simple, no matter how many emission controls are on a vehicle, it can be improved with performance modsÖ..Consumers will pay to play. Just look at how far performance has come on gas motors since the dog days of the early 1980ís. Remember how slow the Corvette was? Now look at themÖ.and they have emission equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flashover1969
Great points.
AZ does emissions testing on diesel trucks in Maricopa and Pima counties, while the rest of the state doesnt have to bother with testing. They use the snap acceleration test, which I think is BS, but that is only my opinion.

I don't see how the DPF garbage was ever allowed. Just today my 6.4 went into the exhaust cleaning mode and it smoked like an old freight train running at notch 8. Seems like to me if it ran normally without a dpf and only put out a tiny bit of soot that would be better than catching it all in the DPF, attempting to burn the soot and then blowing all out the tailpipe at once and wasting more of my fuel in the process of doing all of this.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover1969 View Post
Great points.
AZ does emissions testing on diesel trucks in Maricopa and Pima counties, while the rest of the state doesnt have to bother with testing. They use the snap acceleration test, which I think is BS, but that is only my opinion.

I don't see how the DPF garbage was ever allowed. Just today my 6.4 went into the exhaust cleaning mode and it smoked like an old freight train running at notch 8. Seems like to me if it ran normally without a dpf and only put out a tiny bit of soot that would be better than catching it all in the DPF, attempting to burn the soot and then blowing all out the tailpipe at once and wasting more of my fuel in the process of doing all of this.
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else?
Old 11-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
WA state does the Opasity test.... Now the state has been on the news and I guess within the next 5 years emmision testing will be completely discontinued...
Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Its a county by county basis in Colorado, but where I live there is opacity tests and visual tests every year for 07 and older diesels, on 08 and newer pickups, you are exempt the first 4 years, and then you have an opacity test every other year after that as well as visual.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:42 PM

I am in AZ imagine running your truck to WOT and holding it for 2-3 seconds up to 8 times
Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the info guys.....I would like to see more people from around the country jump in and tell us about their state. I / we see threads all the time about this state and that state.....I'm planning on putting a spread sheet together with every state’s emission testing policy, and then repost it here for everyone to see. This we all know what’s going on when you move and/or travel. I have looked high and low here and on other forums for this information, and it seems scattered all over the place. If someone has all the information I’m looking for, please stop me now…..If not, keep the information coming.

Oh yeah for the record, I live in Illinois and currently I do NOT have to get my truck emission tested.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I am in AZ imagine running your truck to WOT and holding it for 2-3 seconds up to 8 times
and yes that sucks!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no testing in Tennessee
Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No testing in Michigan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.