Elite Diesel rant/ Any other people make twin high pressure pumps? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
TJK15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perham, Minnesota
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Elite Diesel rant/ Any other people make twin high pressure pumps?

Just getting it off my chest. Been building 3 of my friends trucks up...2 of them are Powerstrokes. One is a 08 F450 with a 6.4 and the other is a 2011 F350 with the 6.7. Anyway we have put thousands of dollars into modifying both of them and currently have been waiting 3 months for them to get us one of their twin K16 pump setups. It was paid for on 9/7/12 and it is currently 11/16/12 and we still dont have the pump!!! Every time we call we get jerked around, boss isn't there, boss is busy etc. I've seen on other threads that this is about par for the course. We had also ran into this problem with the up pipes when we did them a couple years ago. By far the WORST customer service that I have ever seen from any company bar none. They are costing my friend money, they are costing the Ford dealer who has the cab off and taking up a bay money and now they are costing me money as we were supposed to leave on a 7000+ mile trip to get a trailer and now I'm not able to go until they get their crap shipped to us. I guess after my rant here my question would be is there anyone who makes a twin high pressure pump setup or are we stuck dealing with the horse crap service that elite has? I think Rudy's has the same setup but I saw that it comes from Elite...so do they get to sit there for 3 months and get jerked around as well? I realize that they probably spend more than we have, but you would think that you would try to treat people who have dropped over 10k on parts from your company at least somewhat decently. And they are losing out on parts for the 2011 as now we will not spend another penny with them. Sorry for the rant guys just pretty pissed about the whole thing. BTW have already tried the Industrial Injection Dragon Fire...would not reccomend that one either...made it 300 miles and it ate itself to death. They wouldn't stand behind it, so now we had to get new injectors, pumps the whole works...Hopefully no one else will make the same mistake.

Last edited by TJK15; 11-16-2012 at 08:27 PM.
TJK15 is offline  
post #2 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
08twinturbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: n. augusta, s.c
Posts: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I would call Rudy's diesel performance .I placed 3 orders this week and all have all been shipped. I had the same problem with another diesel company and after finding him I won't go anywhere else.

08twinturbo is offline  
post #3 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Premium Member

 
diesel23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 708
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Call Diesel Dr / lubeowner its in your neck of the woods , great dual fueller k-16 set up and can get great deals on anything you need

diesel23 is offline  
post #4 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
wired1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,081
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I though I read somewhere Elite is down sizing there operation right now to stay in business? if so that maybe part of your problem.

2013 F150 FX4 EcoBoost fully loaded with the app pkg on Icon 2.5" coilovers
06 F350 Lariat-PMF 8" on 37'sSold
09 F350 ccsb Pmf 7" on 37's Sold
01 F250 ccsb 6" on 35's with to much to list Sold
98 Cobra Vert 583 RWHP Sold

wired1 is offline  
post #5 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Capt dong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,149
Thanks: 8
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
unfortunately waiting on parts from elite is way too common especially after reading a lot of build threads on other forums. huge reason why i wont do a major job without all the parts in my possession. makes me wonder what it would be like if a shop came into the scene with a solid business plan and a reliable line of production given the proper r/d. i understand this stuff is custom built but not the first time its been done. some guys waited over 6 months for parts.

i hope rudys can help you out. they seem more dependable.

get in touch with lubeowner/dr diesel/jeremy. i had a ported intaje in 2 weeks for half the price of other brands plus they take 4-8 weeks for delivery. anyways lubeowner offered me dual fuelers but i declined since i dont want to add fuel.

good luck.

08 F250 KR
08 F250 XL
Capt dong is offline  
post #6 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
DoubleDpsd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,579
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Typical elite diesel review. If you arent swinging from their nuts on psa you arent a priority. Might as well take a picture of how much money you have in your checking account and see if that motivates them. Good luck moving forward.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2003 centennial edition f250 4x4 ccsb auto w/blackwater long block w/arp's, 4" exhaust, airaid intake, ODawg's manifold, itp's reg return, sap modified solenoid, DC power 185amp alt, motorcraft 850cca, Warn Hubs, RS 55w 6k hid's, harley headlights, bpd 58v 6 phase, bpd water pump, dieselsite coolant filter, elc coolant, php gryphon, Xcal2 w/unlimited tow, new hfcm, glowshift fuel psi gauge, icon level kit, 20" kmc hoss, 305/55 terra grapplers TOTALED
DoubleDpsd is offline  
post #7 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict


 
08stroker250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,819
Thanks: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJK15 View Post
Just getting it off my chest. Been building 3 of my friends trucks up...2 of them are Powerstrokes. One is a 08 F450 with a 6.4 and the other is a 2011 F350 with the 6.7. Anyway we have put thousands of dollars into modifying both of them and currently have been waiting 3 months for them to get us one of their twin K16 pump setups. It was paid for on 9/7/12 and it is currently 11/16/12 and we still dont have the pump!!! Every time we call we get jerked around, boss isn't there, boss is busy etc. I've seen on other threads that this is about par for the course. We had also ran into this problem with the up pipes when we did them a couple years ago. By far the WORST customer service that I have ever seen from any company bar none. They are costing my friend money, they are costing the Ford dealer who has the cab off and taking up a bay money and now they are costing me money as we were supposed to leave on a 7000+ mile trip to get a trailer and now I'm not able to go until they get their crap shipped to us. I guess after my rant here my question would be is there anyone who makes a twin high pressure pump setup or are we stuck dealing with the horse crap service that elite has? I think Rudy's has the same setup but I saw that it comes from Elite...so do they get to sit there for 3 months and get jerked around as well? I realize that they probably spend more than we have, but you would think that you would try to treat people who have dropped over 10k on parts from your company at least somewhat decently. And they are losing out on parts for the 2011 as now we will not spend another penny with them. Sorry for the rant guys just pretty pissed about the whole thing. BTW have already tried the Industrial Injection Dragon Fire...would not reccomend that one either...made it 300 miles and it ate itself to death. They wouldn't stand behind it, so now we had to get new injectors, pumps the whole works...Hopefully no one else will make the same mistake.
Everyone who waits always gets quality parts. I would be patient, even though it's tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
I though I read somewhere Elite is down sizing there operation right now to stay in business? if so that maybe part of your problem.
They're downsizing....like a lot of companies in the United States these days. That doesn't mean they're trying to stay in business. It just means that they're taking necessary precautions during these economic times. Posts like that are how rumors get started.....which has already been something Elite has had to deal with since their announcement to downsize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
Typical elite diesel review. If you arent swinging from their nuts on psa you arent a priority. Might as well take a picture of how much money you have in your checking account and see if that motivates them. Good luck moving forward.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App


It amazes me when people run their mouth on forums like this

Everyone I know on Power Stroke Army that has ordered a dual K16 kit from Elite has had to wait. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. The end result is typically a happy customer because of the quality of the kit and the simple fact that it performs as advertised. If you pay for an expensive part from a small business like Elite, expect to wait a little while and expect to see the quality you paid for when you get it.

Jeff Dodd
spartan_jeff12@yahoo.com

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
08stroker250 is offline  
post #8 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
DoubleDpsd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,579
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've read more than one these threads about elite over the years. No one is bragging about their customer service or communication skills.

Sent from my DROIDX that obama helped me get

2003 centennial edition f250 4x4 ccsb auto w/blackwater long block w/arp's, 4" exhaust, airaid intake, ODawg's manifold, itp's reg return, sap modified solenoid, DC power 185amp alt, motorcraft 850cca, Warn Hubs, RS 55w 6k hid's, harley headlights, bpd 58v 6 phase, bpd water pump, dieselsite coolant filter, elc coolant, php gryphon, Xcal2 w/unlimited tow, new hfcm, glowshift fuel psi gauge, icon level kit, 20" kmc hoss, 305/55 terra grapplers TOTALED
DoubleDpsd is offline  
post #9 of 34 Old 11-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict


 
08stroker250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,819
Thanks: 5
Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
I've read more than one these threads about elite over the years. No one is bragging about their customer service or communication skills.

Sent from my DROIDX that obama helped me get
And I don't know of a single person who has waited for their dual K16 kit that hasn't been more than satisfied once they got it.

Jeff Dodd
spartan_jeff12@yahoo.com

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
08stroker250 is offline  
post #10 of 34 Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Member
 
Powerstroked162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darsey715 View Post
Typical elite diesel review. If you arent swinging from their nuts on psa you arent a priority. Might as well take a picture of how much money you have in your checking account and see if that motivates them. Good luck moving forward.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
LOL

You are an idiot

Last edited by Powerstroked162; 11-18-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Powerstroked162 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome