Elite Diesel rant/ Any other people make twin high pressure pumps? - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroked162 View Post
LOL Keep searching for a clue, Gilligan
It's apparent I have a clue as others agree with the op and not the nutswingers. You'd drain those balls just to keep your name relevant. You're obviously a troll on this board.

It doesn't reflect well on spartan diesel technologies and absolute douchebag intakes when you defend the way elite handles their customers after they've spent big $. You don't know why you defend them and their practices, you defend them because you swing from their nuts

Sent from my DROIDX that obama helped me get

Last edited by DoubleDpsd; 11-25-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 03:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to hear of the slow turn around time from Elite.

I just cracked a piston and was going to use Elite exclusively to upgrade my engine.

I was thinking :

EDP HD pistons
Chromoly connecting rods
H11 stud kit

Given this info I'm tempted to go:
Rudys Ultimate 6.4 pistons
Arp studs
-whatever Rudy's has in stock for pushrods

Am I doing myself a huge disservice not going with ED?
I just can't afford very much downtime or else I would go with them hands down.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Canada6.0, give them a call that would be your best option, if you get a hold of someone they may have the items you need in stock and ship them out no problems, if you get the run around or no response, don't do it, try Rudy's they have a great set of springs pushrods and they stock a lot of elites stuff and sell it for less then elite does,!! Also Rudy's maybe able to get you black Friday pricing til tomorrow?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel23 View Post
Canada6.0, give them a call that would be your best option, if you get a hold of someone they may have the items you need in stock and ship them out no problems, if you get the run around or no response, don't do it, try Rudy's they have a great set of springs pushrods and they stock a lot of elites stuff and sell it for less then elite does,!! Also Rudy's maybe able to get you black Friday pricing til tomorrow?
Thanks I'll check with Rudy's tommorow and see what they recommend.
I didn't see any black friday pricing on their site but I will ask.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
canada6.0 Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel23

Thanks I'll check with Rudy's tommorow and see what they recommend.
I didn't see any black friday pricing on their site but I will ask.
Today 10:30 AM
hey canada6.0 heres the link for info on blackfriday its good till monday at midnight BLACK FRIDAY SALE TODAY!!! - PowerStrokeArmy
Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 PM

Awesome!
Thanks you just saved me a bunch of money!
I'll call them in the morning and see what they recommend.

I really wish this was a planned build and had longer to research what I need, save up and build.
Truck cracked a piston right before one of 2 trade shows that my small business relies on for all it's business. And we are expecting our first child next week as well! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel23 View Post
hey canada6.0 heres the link for info on blackfriday its good till monday at midnight BLACK FRIDAY SALE TODAY!!! - PowerStrokeArmy
Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

We finally got the parts in December, after I stepped in and harrassed them daily for about 2 weeks. Now even after we get the parts, they look pretty thats about it. Have the truck all together and we have a huge hesitation and it is hard to start...takes 20-30 seconds. Kind of like the fuel is draining back somehow and the rails are losing their prime. We have way too much money in this truck to turn back now and did all the supporting modifications that "Elite" reccomended. Ported rails, manifold, fuel pump etc etc etc. Overall we are not happy, the mechanic has made calls to them and they will not get back to him in any sense of a decent amout of time. Yes they may have downsized, getting rid of the dips*it salesman was probably the best thing they did, it still doesn't excuse the company that claims to have great customer service to have the worst service i've ever seen. For anyone who was supporting them, we had no problem with a wait time if we would have been informed of it. We were told that the parts were in stock and ready to go. Then every time we called to find out where the parts were there was another excuse as to why we didn't have them yet. I can say that a conservative guess as to the amout of times all of us called within 4 months would be in the hundreds, and maybe 10% of the time we got an answer on the phone. I even once had the guy answer, he put me on hold to "go check the status" so I figured I'd play his game and see how long he'd leave me on hold. I waited after work for 15 min on hold then was able to drive the 1/2 hour to my house still on hold. 45 min on hold. So long story short, not happy with the service, not happy with the parts, still have a broken truck and still trying to get it to run correctly. F*ck Elite.

Last edited by TJK15; 01-23-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am sorry to hear about your very poor experience with Elite, not that I am surprised. I agree that if you had been informed at the time of purchase that it would be a long wait, there would be no issue, but as you were told they had the parts in stock, this is pretty disgusting. Many people, myself included, have experienced their untimely delivery of parts, unresponsiveness, and unwillingness to refund core charges. They do offer some very high quality products so it is unfortunate that they choose to operate their business this way. I sincerely hope that you can get this worked out and get your truck running the way you want it to. Sounds like it will be a great truck. Best of Luck
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That sadly seems to be the truth with them. My wife's truck is loaded with their stuff, but we got it from a wrecked truck and transferred it over.

Oh, and 3 months is too long unless you are looking for an organ donor. It's just a high pressure gear pump, nothing too awful special, something that should be kept in stock most of the time.

And your starting problem, have you checked rail pressure while cranking? It rises almost instantly.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not sure what the rail pressure is doing as the Ford dealer is working on the truck. Haven't talked to the mechanic yet myself, just getting the details from my friend who owns the truck. Usually that's a recipe for disaster I know but he's pretty good about forwarding the info I need to know. I'm gonna talk to the mechanic later today or tomorrow and get the exact things that are going on down and see if I can steer him in the right direction...like turning on the tuner for one lol. Once this thing is up and running right it should be a beast as it was fast before we put the upgraded pump and turbos in...so now it should be a monster but I guess we will see. As right now all its useful for is a big a$$ lawn ornament
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.