Need help with programmer and exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with programmer and exhaust

Im looking to get a 5 in mbrp exhaust for my 2008 ford f250 and is mbrp the best for the price? What programmer is best for about 500 horsepower to the wheels never built a power stroke before so kinda need some advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Flo-Pro and MBRP would be my two choices for 5" exhaust. I personally run Flo-Pro on my truck because I prefer the way it exits in the rear.

As for the tuner, our (Spartan) 210 file will safely put you around 475 horsepower and our 250 tune will safely put you around 515-525 horsepower. Obviously you're right foot is going to dictate a lot of how your truck handles the power but for the most part, those are our two safest files around the 500 horsepower mark. We also have larger 275, 300, and 310 files that are going to put you in the 540-580 range. They're safe files as well, but you would have to make them safe. At that power range in an otherwise stock truck, transmission damage and head gasket failure can occur with a heavy right foot on a regular basis.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'd go with the MBRP, enter your email in the link below and get a discount code for it as well.

MBRP C6266AL 5
Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

which mbrp would be the best i would like 5 in turbo back thats a single out the passanger side and do you have and advice on a programmer that wont destroy my stock truck? id like a desent amount of power 450 or so to the wheels but dont wana do headstuds and **** just yet. also egr delete? good idea?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstroke08 View Post
which mbrp would be the best i would like 5 in turbo back thats a single out the passanger side and do you have and advice on a programmer that wont destroy my stock truck? id like a desent amount of power 450 or so to the wheels but dont wana do headstuds and **** just yet. also egr delete? good idea?
For the programmer, spartan and h&s are the 2 most popular. They both are loaded up with a variety of tunes for all purposes. High horsepower, low horsepower, no horse power and everything else in the middle. Headstuds are dependent on how you drive for one but also just depend on the truck and if something is just waiting to happen. Some guys run big tunes hard and have no issues. Some guys drove easy on those same high horsepower tunes and do blow their head gaskets. Same story for low horsepower tunes and even stock trucks. Tuning and deleting your truck won't destroy it in fact it will do the opposite and prolong the life of it as long as you are sensible about how you drive it and maintain it. Just my $0.02 though.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I think you would be very happy running our 210 tune. It should be perfect for what you want.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I second the Spartan. I have a 5" FloPro and the Spartan. I run the 300 daily, but I drive with some sensibility. Also suggest the EGR delete and intake.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

H&S for the win... I have a Spartan going to H&S when the new one comes out.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 PM

The 5" Mrbp exhaust is great, and easy to install as for tuners both Spartan and H&S are a good choice, I went with H&S and love the set up. PTP has some great package prices. Check them out!!!

Good luck with your truck!!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
On the tuner either of your options would do the trick, power level is up to you since you have the ability to set it at what ever you wish. Head studs on the 6.4 are not as big of a concern as it is on the 6.0, how ever driving habits and tune power level also play a big role in that. On the exhaust is would be more personal preference, as in if you want Aluminized Steel, Stainless Steel or with a Muffler with out a Muffler and so on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.