H&S Update/Cruise issues? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 05:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S Update/Cruise issues?

Ok so updated my xrt pro last week to the latest tunes which are very nice, but now running the hot damn tunes my cruise doesnt work. Anyone else having issues? I talked to H&S yesterday and they say no, but I see on their forums another person has same prob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Premium Member

I have the mini maxx so not exactly the same setup......BUT i have read some others having issues with the cruise. not very many, but i have heard that.
THat doesnt help you much, but at least you know you werent the only one to read that
Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
Ok so updated my xrt pro last week to the latest tunes which are very nice, but now running the hot damn tunes my cruise doesnt work. Anyone else having issues? I talked to H&S yesterday and they say no, but I see on their forums another person has same prob.
Sorry to hear you are having trouble! A few questions...

1. Is your truck an auto or manual?
2. Did you remove the speed limiter?
3. Did you adjust tire size?
4. How many miles since the last flash?
5. How many key cycles would you guess since last flash?

Let us know and we will gladly help out!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for responding H&S I talked to someone on the phone this morning about the issues. Have not changed tire size or speed limiter. Loaded tunes on Thurs drove about five hundred miles over the weekend. Actually pulled over and restarted truck a bunch of times as this has helped in the past with new tunes so I would say at least 30 key cycles. Tried reloading tune last night drove approx 80 miles 6 cycles no different. Loaded default tunes when I got home, but have not been able to test.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sorry Automatic
Old 10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
Thanks for responding H&S I talked to someone on the phone this morning about the issues. Have not changed tire size or speed limiter. Loaded tunes on Thurs drove about five hundred miles over the weekend. Actually pulled over and restarted truck a bunch of times as this has helped in the past with new tunes so I would say at least 30 key cycles. Tried reloading tune last night drove approx 80 miles 6 cycles no different. Loaded default tunes when I got home, but have not been able to test.
Thanks for the info. We haven't had a problem with this before, we will gladly get your situation forwarded to our Ford Engineer for consideration! Another question that may help us, is the check engine light on? If so, what codes?

Let us know what happens when you load the default tunes.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No engine light. Only codes are p1000 and I believe p0370 which is a brake on/off. Both of these codes have been there since I got the tuner I know this because when I first got tuner cruise did'nt work right away so I checked codes, but cruise started working shortly afterwards like normal.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Don't you worry about it

Whenever I update mine or change the tune my cruise never works on the first start up but once I turn it off and back on its always worked
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete

P0370 Timing Reference High Resolution Signal A

I think there may have been a typo, did you mean P0703? That would make more sense..

P0703 Brake Switch B Circuit

Nonetheless, the code for the Brake Switch is what is killing your cruise. Our tuning has not been known to cause either of those codes and it sounds like there is a truck issue that needs to be resolved. It may have been an intermittent code initially and the cruise may have worked some of the time prior to this update because of this. Now that the Brake Switch code seems to be set and wont go away, that's why the cruise wont work at all.

As a test, try returning to stock and driving for awhile. Does the Brake Switch Code come on when in stock form? If so, we suggest getting the truck to a dealer with scan tool who can diagnose and resolve the code.

This has us a bit confused, all of our tunes use the same base file and we have only had a few other customers report that DTC in over 11,000 calls logged this year.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes I must have miss typed I was going off memory. Very frustrating I guess I should have left well enough alone as It's a real pain returning to stock to take to dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.