6.4 helpppp!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 6.4 helpppp!!!!

ok i recently bought a 2008 6.4 ford f-250 and fell in love. well at 10000 miles she was already getting old and i found my self on the side of the road with a exhaust that could spit fire!!! i know about regen mode and i found out i blew my seals on my turbos... well replaced them and right after warenty gave out. ok at 138889 miles on the truck and love it!! i very recently did a DPF delete with a 5in afe bladerunner exhaust and tuned it with a xrt pro tuner, and afe intake. i love it i only run the wild tune(125-150)hp and i beat any chevy!!! but the problem is that with a 138889miles on it does this have to be a huge concern of running a truck with this many miles?!!on a tune?!! ive seen people say something about the high pressure fuel system giving out and something about oil rings. i know adout diesels and have been working with them for a long time, just this time i really dont know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

change fuel filters every 10k, oil every 3-5k, delete egr, flush coolant, watch temps and treat it like a pickup truck, not a civic with a fart pipe
Old 10-11-2012, 06:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think as long as you maintain it you should be fine. There are several high mileage 6.4's that are still running strong.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Premium Member

thanks i do change the fuel filters at most every 6000 miles and do regular check ups. i do have another question 04hdfatboy i have an h&s xrt and are wondering what low boost fuel level do you run your truck(0-5)?
my truck has everything stock except what i have on it. and also whats the best tune for if your driving and you wanna feel power but without blowing the shizz out of your motor? and with is the best for maintaing etgs!!!!
(no water methanol though..)
By the way im only 16!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 PM

I'd change the fuel filters every 10,000 miles if I were you. Unless the filters are giving you reason to do so otherwise. Oil every 5k is fine. Maintenance is king on these trucks. If you offend the king, prepare for your punishment.

You can blow the motor on any tune. But one that is under 150HP is probably safe.

If your EGTs are high, what are they? Also, what are your ECT/EOT?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Premium Member

Etgs.sit at around 550 but when i push it it hits up to 1300 so i really dont know if thats any good.. but the reason i chanfe my fuel filters is because of the fact of dirt and nothing but it. And also it keeps my mpg up
Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonpowerstroker View Post
thanks i do change the fuel filters at most every 6000 miles and do regular check ups. i do have another question 04hdfatboy i have an h&s xrt and are wondering what low boost fuel level do you run your truck(0-5)?
my truck has everything stock except what i have on it. and also whats the best tune for if your driving and you wanna feel power but without blowing the shizz out of your motor? and with is the best for maintaing etgs!!!!
(no water methanol though..)
By the way im only 16!!!
I run the low boost fueling on 2. It doesnt smoke too much on take off.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Premium Member

Asked because my settings on three and it just farts smoke(from take off though) so thats why thanks!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Maybe try 0 or 1
Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

Alright have u tried tha new update?!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.