Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

4" or 5" DP back exhaust???

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  F250Marine 
#1 ·
I'm a new guy to the diesel world. I'm looking for opinions on either a 4" or 5" DP back exhaust straight piped. I'm looking for the best sound and performance.
So far I have an s&b cai and have decided to go with spartan for tuning. The packages I have chosen from Rudy's is only about $60 difference between the 4 and 5.
Any input for this FnG would be greatly appreciated

Semper Fi,
Zack

#2 ·
Go 5". It will give you better sound. No performance difference. Just looks and little deeper exhaust tone.

#3 ·
Thanks, that's what I was originally thinking but it's hard to tell on you tube videos

#5 ·
5" does sound better although it has 0% better performance. Not sure if you ever wanted to put air bags on your truck or have a in bed hitch but I just had to modify my 5" after installing my airbags. Also, I did have to bend a few hangers a little to make the 5" fit without banging or rubbing.

#8 ·
5" it is! I do have a b&w goose neck, but I looked and measured today and looks like everything shoud fit great. Can't wait to get this on my truck. Thanks for all the info

#10 ·
Thanks guys for all the info! I just placed my order for the spartan tuner and 5" cat/ dpf delete straight pipe! Should be here sometime next week, can't fricken wait!!

#12 ·
Cbenn - I would love to see some pictures of your bag and exhaust set up. I have the exact same setup and there was no way my would clear without modification. I'm not saying your wrong or anything, just trying to see the differences. I've PM'ed a few people on here with the same setup as ours but no one has pics.

I do know a few people around here that have had fitment issues with the 5" diamond eye and flo pros. All said pretty much the same, once they installed it they have to push a little here and there to line everything up. Only a few minutes of tweeking, nothing major.

On my 5" exhaust I had to take out the 1" spacers that were put on with the B&W hitch, that gained me some more clearance but the whole exhaust had to move up at least another inch to clear my bags.

#13 ·
I just got a call from Arron at Rudy's they are upgrading my exhaust for the diamond pro to the flow pro for free. They have just earned my money from here on out!!! Thanks Rudy's!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.