08 f350 cc 4x4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
08 f350 cc 4x4

Hi guys. Just wanted to share something that happened to me. I called up a local exhaust shop( i live in middle of nowhere Sask) to see what exhaust would cost me for my truck as I have a sct livewire 9625or i want to install and am going to rip out the cat and dpf. I can get a cat/dpf delete pipe with bungs on ebay for around $250 (we get raped here for parts). I can also get a full exhaust with muffer from smokem diesel shipped to my door for $460. Both have bungs. Anyhow , i thought id call this repected muffler shop and see if they could help me out with prices etc. The guy quotes me $700 for the full exhaust(no muffer).Also 5 hours labour @ $85/hr to install it and program my tuner. So he said over $1200 totol. I almost coughed up my lunch. Where do these guys get off? Same place i had a tire fixed, and next morning it was flat again. took it to kal tire and they put 4 more plugs in it. i will never buy anything from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Are you saying to never go to Kal Tire? Or is Kal Tire the place you took it to fix what the original place did not fix?

I'm not surprised it was that expensive for a local shop to make your exhaust. The big manufacturers mass produce this stuff and already have the angles determined in their mandrels...a lot less time. If you took an exhaust system that you purchased to a shop to have them put it on, if the business knows what they're doing, it shouldn't take more than an hour to 2 hours to put on any exhaust.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 AM

Sounds about right haha, ****ty deal.

Where is Sask are you? Did you get a pipe yet?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:50 AM

i live in gravelbourg. about 1500 people here and not much for business. i moved from bc 4 years ago cause i lost my job and wanted to buy a cheaper house and maybe get away from the craziness of the fraser valley. Just hate having to drive an hour minimum to get anything. oh well cant have both. The exhaust the guy quoted me was a prefab unit like ebay , just way more money. It actually wasnt a muffler shop, but integra tire. they do both. kal tire were the ones who fixed my tire right. i have the tuner and am prob just going to get a cat/dpf delete pipe with bungs for now. truck already has an s and b intake as well. just really ****ty fuel mileage. extra 160 hp and 300 tq prob wont hurt either.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Hit up Dirty Diesel Customs in Alberta. They opened their doors back up. They should be able to get you exhaust at a better price. Or jump on that $460 deal.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 AM

ok. thanks for replying i appreciate it
Old 09-23-2012, 08:31 PM

I agree with Jeff. Dirty diesel seems to be a pretty good place to get stuff. Customer service is great too.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:39 AM

Ok.thanks. I see you have egr delete. Want to do that next year. Is it something an average backyard mechanic,like me haha, can do?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dang, my shop here in Auburn quoted me $585 installed for MBRP duals with DPF/CAT delete!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal30 View Post
Ok.thanks. I see you have egr delete. Want to do that next year. Is it something an average backyard mechanic,like me haha, can do?
For sure you can do it. It is just time consuming so beer is a must .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.