Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

After SEMA to buy 6.4 Programmer?

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  TwinTurboStroker 
#1 ·
I've been crusing around a lot of other 6.4 Power Stroke site and everyone seems to think that if you haven't bought a programmer that you should wait until after SEMA to buy one b/c all the Manf. will be releasing thier new stuff right after the show? :confused:

#2 ·
Usually that's how it goes. I would wait until the tuners get around to making custom tunes for the SCT Livewire and also get around REGEN easily. Just my 0.02.

#5 ·
Sorry, I meant they are working on the tunes and testing them.

What about a "regen abort"? So if you are at the track, or somewhere you want to stop it (I.e. a field with tall dry grass which you truck is parked in)...you could abort it temporarly and the computer would try again at a later preset time or mileage.

Sorry for the :hijack:, but that thought just popped in my head.

#7 ·
I know that the regen has been figured out...but will it work with a programmer in it? I thought that was the issue.

#9 ·
Marc,
I know that w/out the REGEN the DPF will clog...I was hinting at those w/ 6.4L's straightpiping with the regen delete...and popping on some tunes.

Julian, how do you like that 80hp tune with the "straight pipe"? I can't wait to see what the vendors do with custom tunes!!!

#10 ·
Marc,
I know that w/out the REGEN the DPF will clog...I was hinting at those w/ 6.4L's straightpiping with the regen delete...and popping on some tunes.

Julian, how do you like that 80hp tune with the "straight pipe"? I can't wait to see what the vendors do with custom tunes!!!
Oh man I love it, its got a little more power and it snaps your neck more when the turbos spool up.....but yes I can't wait to get my custom tune :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.