4.5" or 6" rough country lift kit?!?!?!???? Or not? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
4.5" or 6" rough country lift kit?!?!?!???? Or not?

Ok so I was thinking about lifting my truck and I looked at rough country's page and they seem a lot cheaper than what my 04 wasto lift. Does anyone have these lifts from them and how do you like them or do you recommend something else? Also should I go with the 4.5 or the 6 I'm not sure

2008 F-350 CCLB all stock for now... Deleting and tuning with Vivian's looney street soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would not go with a Rough Country lift on these trucks. I do not have personal experience with them but I have two friends: 1 with a 05 Ram 1500 with a 3" rough country and 1 with a Chevy 1500 with a 3" rough country and they are both sagging after less than a year of being on the truck. Our trucks are so heavy in the front that I'm sure a RC kit on these trucks would sag horribly in no time.

Pay a little more and do it right the first time if your going to spend the money to do it. Look at at least ProComp or SkyJacker on the cheaper end. I have a 6" skyjacker on my truck and its holding up real well. Ride isn't nearly as nice as say an Icon, BDS, or Carli but it gets the job done and won't sag.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not really a fan of anything over 4".

Unless you're running enough tire to keep a balanced look, its pointless. 4.5" will clear 36" tires with a proper choice in wheels.

This is with 325/60r20's which is a big 35"(around 35.5") and a 4.5" lift.

Jason
Old 09-19-2012, 05:53 PM

What about a tuff country 5" for dependability? I won't be mud bogging or off roading maybe driving through fields an stuff but not hot rodding it off road

2008 F-350 CCLB all stock for now... Deleting and tuning with Vivian's looney street soon.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM

If i were to lift my truck, id get a quality Carli or Icon so on top of getting the look i may be after, i get much improved ride quality all at the same time. Just not something I could bring myself to cheap out on. Since at the end of the day they really arent *that* much more money.

Jason
Old 09-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I would go with the 4.5" Icon kit and 5" PMF traction blocks.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:29 PM

Ok I'm new to the lift thing so I believe I have seen on here 08 Stroker that your name is jeff. Could you send me a link for the exact icon 4.5 you would get that won't break the bank but will give me the smooth ride that the truck has stock. Or a close to it. Also that won't cause the death wobble that I had before until I replaced my track bar

Old 09-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Trevor at Precision Metal Fab is a dealer on here and is who I get all of my suspension parts from. His username is "NotStock". Shoot him a PM. He can get you pricing on the Icon kit. I just ordered a 2.5" Icon leveling system, his 3" traction blocks, and Bilstein 5160's yesterday. I also have his 3-link and new traction bars. He is a great guy to deal with and he's the only guy I'll deal with from now on.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Hah I just showed my wife and she laughed and told me I am high for spending 2k on a lift kit. So what would be the next best thing to icon and won't be a horrible ride

Old 09-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Premium Member

I bought and installed the 6" 4 link Rough Country kit. I am very happy with it. I couldn't see paying double for what I got. I would not hesitate buying another one. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.