Going to delete DPF maybe cat or both. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Going to delete DPF maybe cat or both.

Ok just came back from my second camping trip and averaged about 8.2 mpg on a 2008 f350 cc dually 4x4 KR with 88k. I was hualing a 25 foot lite TT with some camping gear in the bed. The truck ran like a champ but damn MPG sucked. Well I want to get my mpgs up there. So if I'm going to delete do I just do the DPF or should I do the cat as well. Keep in mind I will have to reinstall everything once a year for emissions. Who has the best price for a dpf pipe and dpf program delete. I don't really care for a performance program. I just want to get my dpf as cheap as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 11:36 AM

You can get away with just deleting the DPF unless your planning on making huge power and ripping your tires to shred, then I would suggest both. Removal of both will net you a little more then DPF alone, but you'll also end up with the infamous hair dryer sound as well.

If your expecting huge mileage numbers you will probably be sorely disappointed, especially while towing. Your best mileage will be unloaded and on the freeway. But no where near what others have posted sure to your gearing and wheel quantity unfortunately.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide App

Last edited by smotrs; 09-04-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 AM

I'm not looking for more power. Maybe a little better mpg's. Wasn't sure if I should do both. Right now I'm looking at just doing the dpf pipe. Looking for a cheap tune to delete the dpf feature.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
its easier to delete both. when you delete both, there are two bolts holding it to the down pipe, and one band clamp holding the dpf to the tailpipe. if you only deleted the dpf there are prolly 8-10 rusty bolts holding the two together thats a pain to get to the top ones with it still on the truck. if i were you i would look for a used h&s mini maxx or xrt PRO because it doesnt require sensors in the new exhaust. sct requires sensors in the exhaust and they tend to charge more for the bungs in the dpf delete pipe. spartan is more expensive plus if you buy new they charge a 100 dollar relicensing fee.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM

i went from averaging 9.8 mpg towing to about 12-13. not a huge improvement but enough to make me happy. i did an intake though too. i was hoping for 20 mpg like so many claimed but no luck. I once got 14.1 mpg but it must have been going down hill alot haha
Old 09-04-2012, 11:53 AM

I found a few dpf cat delete pipes with and without bungs. I was going to buy the one with the bungs. Just need to get a tuner to delete the dpf feature.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:56 AM

Travis H3 I was hoping to see about what you are getting.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:58 AM

then find a used sct with some unlocks left, make sure its the off road version that is dpf delete capable. they are discontinued so somewhat hard to find. i think there are one or two for sale in the classified section. you will need to remove all the sensors from the dpf which is kinda a pain, and some buy extra ones so they dont have to swap them when going back to stock
Old 09-04-2012, 12:06 PM

If I get the pipe with out the bungs then what senors will I lose.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:14 PM

the sensors going into the dpf. the h&s and spartan tuners dont need those sensors plugged in, but sct tuners need these sensors plugged in or the truck will idle at about 1200 rpms. they are just temp probes for the computer to know how its running, you wont lose any sensors that you will notice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.