Custom tunes on a spartan possible? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Custom tunes on a spartan possible?

Looking at buying a 6.4 and trying to find one for a decent price so for a while i have just been browsing this section and a similar one on the nation. Everyone always talks about custom tunes on there h&s, but i never seem to hear about them on their spartan so i was wondering if you can and who's got custom tunes for the spartan?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 06:56 AM

I would think with all the spartan users on this forum this would be answered in seconds! Bump
Old 09-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweystroke96 View Post
I would think with all the spartan users on this forum this would be answered in seconds! Bump
I had spartan on my 6.4 for awhile and ditched it for H&S, but since then it seems they have improved their tuning. I think they are letting a couple tuners write custom tunes for the dashdaq, but I'm not positive.

08stroker250 will be able to answer any questions you have regarding spartan tuning.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

There are currently no companies writing custom tuning for the Spartan Phalanx. It is in the works though. River City Diesel will be the first. We are hoping they'll be ready to go by the end of October.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
There are currently no companies writing custom tuning for the Spartan Phalanx. It is in the works though. River City Diesel will be the first. We are hoping they'll be ready to go by the end of October.
Cool, thanks for getting back to me. Has there been any special reason custom tuning hasn't been available before?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweystroke96 View Post
Cool, thanks for getting back to me. Has there been any special reason custom tuning hasn't been available before?
It has been available in the past. Things didn't work out though, so we closed it off to only our tuning. Now we are working with River City Diesel to get things going again. Hopefully in the future there will be more companies creating custom tunes for it.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:33 PM

Makes sense to me, can't wait to see the tunes from RCD and how people like em.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:27 PM

RCD tunes are not cheep. I was looking at them when I had a spartan to fix some of the issues I had with spartan's tuning but after I added up what I wanted it was cheeper to go to a different tuning company. I went with H&S and been real happy with them and KEM tuning. And now that H&S have MCC software you can custom tune your own tunes. Another company to look at is Eric at Innovative Diesel or Matt at GearHead, they got some great custom tunes out! The 6.4 tuning game has some great players in it now.

I don't know why spartan does not do custom tuning, they have a great unit in the dash daq just need the tuning to go along with it. You would think it would be easier to do that then get another company to do custom tunes on there device
Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
RCD tunes are not cheep. I was looking at them when I had a spartan to fix some of the issues I had with spartan's tuning but after I added up what I wanted it was cheeper to go to a different tuning company. I went with H&S and been real happy with them and KEM tuning. And now that H&S have MCC software you can custom tune your own tunes. Another company to look at is Eric at Innovative Diesel or Matt at GearHead, they got some great custom tunes out! The 6.4 tuning game has some great players in it now.

I don't know why spartan does not do custom tuning, they have a great unit in the dash daq just need the tuning to go along with it. You would think it would be easier to do that then get another company to do custom tunes on there device
I did notice how pricey there tunes are, ill prob stick with spartan until h&s releases there updated black max and make the switch then.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No there is not....Buy H&S and there are great options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.