H&S mini max? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S mini max?

Ok so I'm Gona go with h&s do I need pyrometer hook up or not? And is the mini max the best one to get my truck is 08???

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have an 08 with a mini maxx. Mini and Black extremely similar outside of size. Available tunes and power levels are the same. I chose the mini to minimize the clutter up on the pillar. With the capability of defueling parameters, I don't really look at the mini much. Itll defuel when it needs to. But it's big enough for me to see when I need to. H&S is great because all updates are free, I have ha great luck with customer service through them as well. with the newest update, everything is loaded on the tuner so you can easily change trans tunes and load the hot damn 300 tunes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 08-26-2012, 06:53 PM

Pyro is not needed as the 08 is equipped with a factory pyro. The mini will monitor the pyro using the factory sensors. So no need to pag tge extra money! The power gains are spectacular, I would recommend using the 300 tunes only if you are prepared to do headstuds at some point. 08 is know for head gasket failure. Mine failed under warranty and I had the dealership do arp head studs while they were in there. Very lucky for me. While the h&s turns off egr I would still delete them as well. Ptp makes a kit with elbow for 250, about 50 cheaper than the dd kit.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Awesome thanks so much can't wait to put it in and check it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Oh it'll change everything! Best of luck and you should definitely do a cai and exhaust to get the full effect!

Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiderius22 View Post
Pyro is not needed as the 08 is equipped with a factory pyro. The mini will monitor the pyro using the factory sensors. So no need to pag tge extra money! The power gains are spectacular, I would recommend using the 300 tunes only if you are prepared to do headstuds at some point. 08 is know for head gasket failure. Mine failed under warranty and I had the dealership do arp head studs while they were in there. Very lucky for me. While the h&s turns off egr I would still delete them as well. Ptp makes a kit with elbow for 250, about 50 cheaper than the dd kit.

how did you go about letting your dealer do your studs? im under warranty and if my hg go i would like to know how to go about it
Old 08-26-2012, 07:29 PM

Unfortunately my circumstances were rare. I know a service writer and the heavy line diesel mechanic so they were able to work around the rules so to speak. My dealership is tuner friendly and once they diagnosed the hg failure, the mechanic called me and told me to order head studs and an egr delete and he did it all under warranty while replacing the hg. Best advice I have would be to get to the mechanic and maybe offer him some cash to do the studs as opposed to replacing the bolts. He's already getting paid by ford for all the labor so $100 would go a long way I would assume!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:56 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I thought the head gasket and head stud issue was only an issue with the 6.0??
Old 08-28-2012, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony97gt View Post
I thought the head gasket and head stud issue was only an issue with the 6.0??
They are not as common on the 6.4's but alot of people run high hp tunes so it is a good idea to at least be prepared to do them if you run a high hp tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.