what should I do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what should I do?

I've currently got a 04 F-350 with a 6.0. I'm looking to bulletproof it, do one of erics high hp tunes plus a ficm tune and add a bat mo wheel into my turbo. I know its a lot to do all of that so I was thinking, would it be better to try to find a used 08 or 09 6.4 and just do a tuner, intake and exhaust? what are you guys making for power with just those 3 things? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You'd like the 6.0 with the bulletproof kit more then the cost of the 6.4, that's just my opinion.

Also look into the Mad Turbo Werks Stage 1 turbo, its an amazing turbo.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
you could probably get a bit less than 500... youll will eat the stock trans alive with this kind of power though if you drive it hard. and i also agree. look into MTW stage 1 and im not sure the 300 dollars for 25 hp ficm tune is worth the money. and i do prefer the sound of a 6.0 and if you go for a 6.4 i hear its best to stay away from the 08 model years. are you gonna bullet proof is or are you paying someone to bullet proof it and whats it gonna cost you.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would probably carry it to rudys in durham for most of it. unless I found someone close to me that would be willing to help because I've got access to a lift and everything
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

and I've been told, egr delete, oil cooler, filtration system, studs, bat mo wheel would be around 5300?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 AM

There are lots of guys who go plenty of miles with high hp tunes on just intake, tuner & exhaust on stock studs and stock tranny. It all depends on how you drive it. Alot of people like myself just use the high hp tunes for better fuel mileage and only use the power when we need it while other use the power all the time with the knowledge that they will eventually need more upgrades.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
With just a tune on intake and exhaust on a 6.4, you can get in the mid to high 500's no problem with some of the big tunes. As for a 6.4 over a bullit proof 6.0 that is a toss up. $5300 for all those parts and labor? If you can do the work yourself it is worth it to keep the 6.0 and bulletproof, if you have to pay to have the work done, it might be worth it to jump to a 6.4. I love the sound of a 6.4, but the reliability of a 6.4 over a 6.0 (even a bulletproofed 6.0) is night and day. I have an 08 6.4 and I have been problem free. Just do your research on a truck ahead of time to know how it was treated. Oasis report is key.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.