Goodyear Dura Trac - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 04:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Goodyear Dura Trac

Is anyone running these Goodyears on the Super Duty? I will be coming up on a tire change soon and need some thing to replace my GY LT275/65R20. I use the truck as a daily driver that pulls a vnose in the winter and tows a fiver in the summer. In am usually in plenty of snow during the winter months and don't like to chain up.

How do they wear? Do you think they can handle the towing with a stiffer sidewall. They are supposed to be commercial grade if that mean anything. If I stay in the AT line my other two choices are Hankook ATMs and Cooper AT3s. Those two I would definitely run all year long. They appear a little more tame for the road.

Maybe its best to put the Dura trac on in the winter and run a 18" commercial T/A for towing the heavy fiver for the spring and summer. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2010 F-350 4x4 Lariat CC LB 3.55 gears SCT RCD 450 rwhp tune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am curious about the Dura Trac's as well. I would stay away from the Coopers. My cousin had those on his Tundra and they wore really funny and didn't last long. I know for a fact that he rotated them every 5k miles. The shop he bought them from gave him another set of tires for free and said he would never sell those or the Cooper Eon's (I think that is what they were called) because half of them would be really good, a quarter of them would be alright and the last quarter would be total junk. The tire shop said that there was no rhyme or reason to it.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm curious as well. I want to put these in my truck when my stockers wear out.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I live in Canadian oilfield country. EVERYONE around here had them a while ago but Toyo seems to be taking over. "Great tire but sure doesn't last at ALL" seems to be about the most common comment about Duratracs. Most guys seem to love them for a winter tire so maybe your idea of running them in the winter and something else in the summer would work out well...? I went with Nitto Terra Grapplers recently.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have them on my 08. They currently have 57k miles on them and I'd say that I have at least 10k left. I have been very surprised with how well they have worn. My only complaint so far is that they wander a bit on the highway (more than my BFG's did). I will go with BFG AT's next and see which one is better riding.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan37 View Post
I have them on my 08. They currently have 57k miles on them and I'd say that I have at least 10k left. I have been very surprised with how well they have worn. My only complaint so far is that they wander a bit on the highway (more than my BFG's did). I will go with BFG AT's next and see which one is better riding.
have you had the BGF AT's on a Superduty before? I have heard guys complaining about mileage out of them but you never know how they are treated or rotated. Seems to be a lot of conflicting stories on tires though.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:26 AM

I have dura tracs on mine. So far a great tire. I have 20k on them and they almost look new. I've noticed they do wander a bit at different psi. Mine seem to like 70 psi and it takes the wander away
Old 08-17-2012, 10:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
My roommate has them on his OBS and they wear very funny. If you dont rotate them every 3k instead of 5k they will cup. He has gotten decent mileage out of them (30k) but they are loud as hell because of how bad they are cupping. I run the hankook dynapro ATM's and they wear great for me and are nice and quiet on the road. I assume you snowmobile considering your trailer choice in the winter. I ride as well and these tires have never gotten me stuck in the mountains.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:08 PM

I have Cooper's right now and they are wearing funny as well, slight cupping just starting. Rotation next week when my guys are slow then re-align and see if it gets better, if not off they come and on go some new Toyo AT2's probably.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 PM

Run them winter only on a spare set of wheels.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.