Any one install a Flo-Pro Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By toren302
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any one install a Flo-Pro Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow

Looking at the Flo-Pro EGR delete with Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow for '08 F-350 6.4 CC. Been researching this EGR delete kit, have a question about the polished aluminum intake elbow. Do I have to remove the factory EGR valve and housing to install the polished aluminum intake elbow? Reason I'm asking is that I've been hearing and reading and was told by my diesel performance guy that it's almost impossible to remove the EGR. Would hate to get half way installed and not be able to take out the EGR valve. Correct me I'm wrong with this kit, that I have to remove the factory intake and EGR valve? Or does the polished aluminum intake elbow needs the stock EGR valve to stay in place? Please let me know before I purchase this kit. Thank you!
brkncly is offline  
post #2 of 7 Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere
 
CountryAggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rockwall, TX
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkncly View Post
Looking at the Flo-Pro EGR delete with Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow for '08 F-350 6.4 CC. Been researching this EGR delete kit, have a question about the polished aluminum intake elbow. Do I have to remove the factory EGR valve and housing to install the polished aluminum intake elbow? Reason I'm asking is that I've been hearing and reading and was told by my diesel performance guy that it's almost impossible to remove the EGR. Would hate to get half way installed and not be able to take out the EGR valve. Correct me I'm wrong with this kit, that I have to remove the factory intake and EGR valve? Or does the polished aluminum intake elbow needs the stock EGR valve to stay in place? Please let me know before I purchase this kit. Thank you!
I have the FloPro egr delete and elbow. Yes you have to remove the valve and completely delete the EGR and coolers to install the elbow. And who ever told you it is impossible is an idiot (to put it lightly). I deleted mine in my driveway (cab on) and there are lots of people on this site who have done the same. It just takes patients and probably a whole Saturday.

The factory intake and egr are one piece they come out easy with 4-5 screws I think. It's been a while since I did mine but it's not terribly difficult. The horizontal cooler kinda is a pain but just be patient and invite a few buddies over.


Sent from a phone smarter than me.
CountryAggie is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Eric@PTP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Taking the valve out of the factory elbow is difficult yes, but that's not what your doing. Your removing the entire factory intake elbow with the egr valve in it and then swapping on the new 3" elbow, there is no need to try to pull the valve out of the factory elbow its self.
Eric@PTP is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Capt dong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
like others said removing the whole assembly of the valve and elbow is pretty easy.

08 F250 KR
08 F250 XL
Capt dong is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 07-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Powerstroke2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You know what would be easy enough to do guys....if someone could explain what exactly to take off, and then how to install the Flow Pro Intake Elbow! I have one, and have hesitated to install, but I thought I'd get it done, and came online to get a 'how to do' prior to jumping in, and finding that 'how to do' (Youtube video would be nice) sure would be helpful!
Can the stock bolts not be used on the new Intake Elbow? I don't see any gasket, so I'm assuming the O ring installed in the Intake Elbow is all that is needed, or should there be a gasket of some kind as well? Does the cold side intercooler tube fit right up to the new Intake Elbow, or does the bottom clamp have to be loosened to 'adjust' the tube to new intake elbow? How did you assemble the wires/harness that currently goes to the stock OEM EGR assembly? How tight did you tighten the intercooler clamps? Are the Rudy's clamps for the intercooler boots a good enough quality or did you end up going to a T-bolt clamp for a good tight fit? I believe these questions are about all that need to be answered to get the Flo Pro Intake Elbow installed, but if any of you think of more, feel free to add them!

Thanks!

'09 F-450 King Ranch 4X4 Superduty 6.4 & 4.30 gears.
Powerstroke2000 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,026
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thanks: 77
Thanked 167 Times in 135 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke2000 View Post
You know what would be easy enough to do guys....if someone could explain what exactly to take off, and then how to install the Flow Pro Intake Elbow! I have one, and have hesitated to install, but I thought I'd get it done, and came online to get a 'how to do' prior to jumping in, and finding that 'how to do' (Youtube video would be nice) sure would be helpful!
Can the stock bolts not be used on the new Intake Elbow? I don't see any gasket, so I'm assuming the O ring installed in the Intake Elbow is all that is needed, or should there be a gasket of some kind as well? Does the cold side intercooler tube fit right up to the new Intake Elbow, or does the bottom clamp have to be loosened to 'adjust' the tube to new intake elbow? How did you assemble the wires/harness that currently goes to the stock OEM EGR assembly? How tight did you tighten the intercooler clamps? Are the Rudy's clamps for the intercooler boots a good enough quality or did you end up going to a T-bolt clamp for a good tight fit? I believe these questions are about all that need to be answered to get the Flo Pro Intake Elbow installed, but if any of you think of more, feel free to add them!

Thanks!
intercooler clamps- as tight as you can get them by hand, and yes Rudy's clamps are plenty good.
harness that gets left unplugged- let it hang or tuck it away

not every truck is the same so slight fitment and adjustments may need to be made to get the elbow and the pipe to mate cleanly. I sell a similar kit for a bit better price with a superior long radius bend for the intake elbow.

SCT X4 Off-Road Sale ! $749 for 6.4 or 6.7 up to 2015

Authorized Distributor For :
H&S Motorsports
BMF Wheels
Icon Suspension


No Limit Fabrication
Click Banner Below for All Things No Limit Fab.


800-581-8986

bigrpowr is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Bump To Pass!!




 
toren302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Monroe, WA
Posts: 10,527
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Thanks: 114
Thanked 844 Times in 754 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
I have the FloPro egr delete and elbow. Yes you have to remove the valve and completely delete the EGR and coolers to install the elbow. And who ever told you it is impossible is an idiot (to put it lightly). I deleted mine in my driveway (cab on) and there are lots of people on this site who have done the same. It just takes patients and probably a whole Saturday.

The factory intake and egr are one piece they come out easy with 4-5 screws I think. It's been a while since I did mine but it's not terribly difficult. The horizontal cooler kinda is a pain but just be patient and invite a few buddies over.


Sent from a phone smarter than me.
What he said^^^


When I did mine it was the first "full" egr delete I have done on a 6.4. I have done tons of the plates but never a full delete. I had mine with the elbow (I would highly recommend the CAC pipe while your in there) done in 5 hrs start to finish. I then did another kit for a customer in his 6.4 is 2.5 hrs. Only difference was the no limit elbow and pipe. These are pretty simple once you know where the bolts are. There are a few that will make you question the engineers design but with some beer and a couple of friends its not bad.

As far as describing what exactly to take off, most of the EGR delete full kits comes with instructions/ there have been write ups done with pictures. Look for those and just start taking stuff apart.
bigrpowr likes this.



toren302 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome