Any one install a Flo-Pro Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By toren302

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any one install a Flo-Pro Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow

Looking at the Flo-Pro EGR delete with Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow for '08 F-350 6.4 CC. Been researching this EGR delete kit, have a question about the polished aluminum intake elbow. Do I have to remove the factory EGR valve and housing to install the polished aluminum intake elbow? Reason I'm asking is that I've been hearing and reading and was told by my diesel performance guy that it's almost impossible to remove the EGR. Would hate to get half way installed and not be able to take out the EGR valve. Correct me I'm wrong with this kit, that I have to remove the factory intake and EGR valve? Or does the polished aluminum intake elbow needs the stock EGR valve to stay in place? Please let me know before I purchase this kit. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkncly View Post
Looking at the Flo-Pro EGR delete with Polished Aluminum Intake Elbow for '08 F-350 6.4 CC. Been researching this EGR delete kit, have a question about the polished aluminum intake elbow. Do I have to remove the factory EGR valve and housing to install the polished aluminum intake elbow? Reason I'm asking is that I've been hearing and reading and was told by my diesel performance guy that it's almost impossible to remove the EGR. Would hate to get half way installed and not be able to take out the EGR valve. Correct me I'm wrong with this kit, that I have to remove the factory intake and EGR valve? Or does the polished aluminum intake elbow needs the stock EGR valve to stay in place? Please let me know before I purchase this kit. Thank you!
I have the FloPro egr delete and elbow. Yes you have to remove the valve and completely delete the EGR and coolers to install the elbow. And who ever told you it is impossible is an idiot (to put it lightly). I deleted mine in my driveway (cab on) and there are lots of people on this site who have done the same. It just takes patients and probably a whole Saturday.

The factory intake and egr are one piece they come out easy with 4-5 screws I think. It's been a while since I did mine but it's not terribly difficult. The horizontal cooler kinda is a pain but just be patient and invite a few buddies over.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Taking the valve out of the factory elbow is difficult yes, but that's not what your doing. Your removing the entire factory intake elbow with the egr valve in it and then swapping on the new 3" elbow, there is no need to try to pull the valve out of the factory elbow its self.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

like others said removing the whole assembly of the valve and elbow is pretty easy.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You know what would be easy enough to do guys....if someone could explain what exactly to take off, and then how to install the Flow Pro Intake Elbow! I have one, and have hesitated to install, but I thought I'd get it done, and came online to get a 'how to do' prior to jumping in, and finding that 'how to do' (Youtube video would be nice) sure would be helpful!
Can the stock bolts not be used on the new Intake Elbow? I don't see any gasket, so I'm assuming the O ring installed in the Intake Elbow is all that is needed, or should there be a gasket of some kind as well? Does the cold side intercooler tube fit right up to the new Intake Elbow, or does the bottom clamp have to be loosened to 'adjust' the tube to new intake elbow? How did you assemble the wires/harness that currently goes to the stock OEM EGR assembly? How tight did you tighten the intercooler clamps? Are the Rudy's clamps for the intercooler boots a good enough quality or did you end up going to a T-bolt clamp for a good tight fit? I believe these questions are about all that need to be answered to get the Flo Pro Intake Elbow installed, but if any of you think of more, feel free to add them!

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke2000 View Post
You know what would be easy enough to do guys....if someone could explain what exactly to take off, and then how to install the Flow Pro Intake Elbow! I have one, and have hesitated to install, but I thought I'd get it done, and came online to get a 'how to do' prior to jumping in, and finding that 'how to do' (Youtube video would be nice) sure would be helpful!
Can the stock bolts not be used on the new Intake Elbow? I don't see any gasket, so I'm assuming the O ring installed in the Intake Elbow is all that is needed, or should there be a gasket of some kind as well? Does the cold side intercooler tube fit right up to the new Intake Elbow, or does the bottom clamp have to be loosened to 'adjust' the tube to new intake elbow? How did you assemble the wires/harness that currently goes to the stock OEM EGR assembly? How tight did you tighten the intercooler clamps? Are the Rudy's clamps for the intercooler boots a good enough quality or did you end up going to a T-bolt clamp for a good tight fit? I believe these questions are about all that need to be answered to get the Flo Pro Intake Elbow installed, but if any of you think of more, feel free to add them!

Thanks!
intercooler clamps- as tight as you can get them by hand, and yes Rudy's clamps are plenty good.
harness that gets left unplugged- let it hang or tuck it away

not every truck is the same so slight fitment and adjustments may need to be made to get the elbow and the pipe to mate cleanly. I sell a similar kit for a bit better price with a superior long radius bend for the intake elbow.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
I have the FloPro egr delete and elbow. Yes you have to remove the valve and completely delete the EGR and coolers to install the elbow. And who ever told you it is impossible is an idiot (to put it lightly). I deleted mine in my driveway (cab on) and there are lots of people on this site who have done the same. It just takes patients and probably a whole Saturday.

The factory intake and egr are one piece they come out easy with 4-5 screws I think. It's been a while since I did mine but it's not terribly difficult. The horizontal cooler kinda is a pain but just be patient and invite a few buddies over.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
What he said^^^

When I did mine it was the first "full" egr delete I have done on a 6.4. I have done tons of the plates but never a full delete. I had mine with the elbow (I would highly recommend the CAC pipe while your in there) done in 5 hrs start to finish. I then did another kit for a customer in his 6.4 is 2.5 hrs. Only difference was the no limit elbow and pipe. These are pretty simple once you know where the bolts are. There are a few that will make you question the engineers design but with some beer and a couple of friends its not bad.

As far as describing what exactly to take off, most of the EGR delete full kits comes with instructions/ there have been write ups done with pictures. Look for those and just start taking stuff apart.
bigrpowr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.