Purchased, Now the mods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Purchased, Now the mods

Purchased 08 King Ranch 70K Job 3 today. I want to put the intake, tuner, and exhaust on. I think Im going with the H&S mini max tuner. There seems to be many options of intake and exhaust. 4" or 5"? Muffler? Bungs? What the better intake? I noticed there are some problems with some intakes causing engine light. Could I please get some professional opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLElectric View Post
Purchased 08 King Ranch 70K Job 3 today. I want to put the intake, tuner, and exhaust on. I think Im going with the H&S mini max tuner. There seems to be many options of intake and exhaust. 4" or 5"? Muffler? Bungs? What the better intake? I noticed there are some problems with some intakes causing engine light. Could I please get some professional opinions!
With the tuner, you just have to pick whichever one has the options that you want. With h&s and spartan you don't need an exhaust with bungs. Not to sure about sct. I am just using an afe drop in filter and it works for me & the way I drive. I would imagine if you plan on putting it to the floor alot then you should look into a CAI. S&B and Afe seem to be pretty popular but there are others as well. I went with a delete pipe for the first while but recently switched to a 5" dp back exhaust without a muffler. I like the way it sounds but.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Should I get turbo back or downpipe back? It does have to be 4" off the turbo anyways, right? My 7.3 was loud with 5", how is 6.4?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Should I get turbo back or downpipe back? It does have to be 4" off the turbo anyways, right? My 7.3 was loud with 5", how is 6.4?
I just went with 5" downpipe back. If I pull the cab for anything I will install a 4" downpipe but until then I will just stick with the stock one. I think it sounds pretty loud but in a good way. I am going to see how loud it really is when I tow my camper on my days off in a week.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:20 AM

one thing to consider is the warranty. if you still care for it then a downpipe back is easier to replace than a turboback.

5 inch exhaust for max flow.

mini maxx features shift on fly. important to switch tunes when towing.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 AM

oh i like my sb cai. no codes. good air flow. got another mile per gallon. i prefer a quiet truck but this filter kit adds a rumble and sounds real good. price was just right.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have ordered H&S Mini maxx, S&B Intake, 5" dp exhaust without muffler and without bungs. What will the EGR delete do? Ho does that help? What is the best way to mount the Mini Maxx?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Congrats on the new rig! Looks like you have done some research, that list looks good. H&S Mini is an excellent choice and what we recommend most. As far as 4" vs 5" for exhaust, thats a personal preference. We sell more straight piped kits than anything else and most guys like the way the 5" sounds. No bungs are necessary with either kit. For the intake, I recommend going with S&B. With the H&S tuner, you wont have any codes or check engine light to deal with. Feel free to give us a holler with any questions or concerns. Below is a link to our most popular packages.

H&S / Diamond Eye DPF Delete Kit 08-10 6.4L
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This item "5" downpipe back kit K5368S", is it straight pipe no muffler or bungs? Easy to install and look very similar to factory at the outlet?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Straight pipe, no bungs, no muffler. Easy to install, similar to factory exit without the ugly dual outlet.

Diamond Eye K5368S 5" Down Pipe Back DPF Race No Bungs Single SS: 2008-2010 Ford 6.4L Powerstroke F250/f350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.