Advice on new Mini Maxx - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Advice on new Mini Maxx

I just purchased a used mini maxx from a member here. Once I get it, do any of you guys have advice on how to set it up? With it he sold me the DPF delete pipe so I can go right into no DPF setup. What do I do with he sensors that are on the DPF now?

Any advice on mounting the minimaxx? I was looking into the side mount right above the a/c vent near the light switch. Is that where most guys are mounting them? What is the cheapest place to buy that mount?

I've been told I should back-up my stock tune to my laptop incase my mini gets stolen or damaged.

Also, I still have to stock intake. Should I upgrade to the S&B or which is the better intake. I know I'm probably asking a rhetorical question here...

Last edited by tony97gt; 07-26-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea im in the same page.. idk what to do with my sensor once i delete the dpf and cat..

some people put them back but idk if its safe..

i bought a xrt pro besically the same thing but it dosent have the gauges..
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 AM

The h&s doesn't need those sensors when you are running the dpf delete tune. I had a delete pipe with bungs so when I installed the h&s I just left the sensors plugged into the delete pipe. I recently changed my exhaust system and got the pipe without bungs so I just unplugged those 4 sensors and ziptied them up out of the way. I have just left mine on the windshield with the suction cup that comes with it. I didn't back up my stock tune but I haven't heard anyone say that you should. Also I am still running the stock intake with an afe drop in filter. I eventually plan on doing a cold air intake but have just been investing in other presents.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:16 AM

no need to back up your stock file. it is stored in the mini maxx along with all the other stock files.

if yours were to get stolen, you could just buy another mini maxx and load it up and then return it to stock
Old 07-26-2012, 11:32 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The used tuner. Go to h&s website and update it with the automatic updater and get it ready to install. Go ahead and plug it into truck and let it boot up. Go to menu and update firmware. Once that's done download the tune to the truck by following the on screen instructions. U will be able to pick what tunes u want and dpf on or off etc. once you do all that start the truck and make sure the tune went through and it runs. Shut it down and move to the exhaust. Unplug all sensors under the truck on the dpf but leave the sensors in the dpf. Once u get all 4 unplugged remove the band clamp at the tail section end of dpf and remove the rear tail section. Then go to the front of the dpf where it connects to down pipe and remove the two bolts from the front side of the flange, the side of the flange towards the dpf has nuts on that side that are welded so no need to get a wrench on that side. Get a 13mm swivel socket with3" extension and u should be able to get both bolts from the down pipe side of the flange. Once the dpf is loose, hit the rubber grommets with penetrating oil or wd40 so they will slide off easier. Support the dpf with floor jack if doing it by your self, it's kinda heavy. Use pliers if you have to pry the hangers out of the grommet. It's not too bad to do at all

Sorry for the long post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
The used tuner. Go to h&s website and update it with the automatic updater and get it ready to install. Go ahead and plug it into truck and let it boot up. Go to menu and update firmware. Once that's done download the tune to the truck by following the on screen instructions. U will be able to pick what tunes u want and dpf on or off etc. once you do all that start the truck and make sure the tune went through and it runs. Shut it down and move to the exhaust. Unplug all sensors under the truck on the dpf but leave the sensors in the dpf. Once u get all 4 unplugged remove the band clamp at the tail section end of dpf and remove the rear tail section. Then go to the front of the dpf where it connects to down pipe and remove the two bolts from the front side of the flange, the side of the flange towards the dpf has nuts on that side that are welded so no need to get a wrench on that side. Get a 13mm swivel socket with3" extension and u should be able to get both bolts from the down pipe side of the flange. Once the dpf is loose, hit the rubber grommets with penetrating oil or wd40 so they will slide off easier. Support the dpf with floor jack if doing it by your self, it's kinda heavy. Use pliers if you have to pry the hangers out of the grommet. It's not too bad to do at all

Sorry for the long post
I just did the exhaust removal a couple days ago & holy man was the tailpipe section a pain to get out by myself. I ended up jacking up the truck with the little jack that comes with it and that skinny little thing looked real sketchy so I got it up just high enough to remove the tire. Then I had room to get it out.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I will probably not be doing this by myself. I can't wait to get this stuff on and see the difference. Although my MPG is gonna go way down...I can barely keep my foot out of it stock, once it gets tuned it's gonna be even worse.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I did it by myself, sure wasn't fun when the dpf came down.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 PM

what settings do you suggest?
Old 07-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony97gt View Post
what settings do you suggest?
I run the hd300 on wild & hot for daily driving and I use the no power and mild for towing. I have my lbf set at 1. Tranny tune is s1m.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.