New toys on, had to do a 0-60 run - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New toys on, had to do a 0-60 run

After installing the new mini max and exhaust I took it out last night for a 0-60 run, and in a 4wd boosted launch I ran a 5.1. Not too shabby, but I really would love to dip into the 4's, and with a little more practice i'm sure it wont take long to hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have been curious as to what exactly a boosted launch is...How much boost do you build it up to before letting off the brake and taking off? I did a 0-60 test in 2wd and it was 7.0 flat. That would be awesome to lower it by almost 2 full seconds if I can learn how!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm sure others will chime in on this shortly with what they have done, and some ways may work better for others than what I did, which has been my one and only boosted 4wd launch so far. It's pretty simple, but first make sure the 4wd is engaged, and come to a complete stop. Apply the brake with your left foot, press down on the accelerator until about 10psi, and then release the brake, and off you go! I had a buddy filming mine and he missed from 0-30 because he wasn't ready for all the torque, so my next run im going to try and film my entire gauge cluster with my mini max in it so I can look and analyze everything afterwards.

On another note, if you want a crazy burnout, do the same thing just in 2wd.....I think my skid marks went for about 70ft.

PS-where is dallas are you? I used to live in Keller and work in Hurst about 3 years ago....
Old 07-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Didn't mean to take away from your post, it looks like I did after reviewing the thread! MY BAD! Congrats on getting the new toys installed, My truck came with the tuner so I didn't get to feel the before & after..I did on my 6.0 though- what a difference! These trucks are freakin BADA$$ trucks tuned!

I am in Plano- about 15-20 minutes north of Dallas off 75...Keller & Hurst get pounded by hail- lol I'm in the insurance restoration biz.. Where exactly is huntsville? I've heard of it before but never have been or seen it on the map
Old 07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Based off a time slip I have from last April, I went 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. I left the line at 18 psi, Proxes aired way down, and a 1.66 60 foot.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Damn! That's nuts for a big truck!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I got the weight down pretty good for a crew cab. Race weight with me in it was 7600 lbs.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You didn't take away from my post at all, that's why we start these threads, to help each other out and ask questions etc. These trucks are pretty crazy, especially with the potential they hold and just need a little tune and to breathe easier to wake them up. I have to say though, without this forum and people like Jeff I would be lost.

On another note, according to my mini max I ran a 4.9 tonight......I tried to get my boost to over 10psi but my truck started breaking loose so I let it go. Now I need a new mustang GT and some punk to pull up next to me and have some fun.....

Huntsville Alabama, I'm in the car business and usually hail sales work out pretty well for us!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Man, that is awesome! Yeah I hear ya on that- I've been waiting for a punk kid to pull up next to me too haha!

Hail is great, hail is good!!

Tomorrow I'll be practicing the 4x4 boosted launch and punk kid whooping if I get lucky enough, I'll pair back with my findings

Sent from iPhone
Old 07-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Kosmo do you ever come over towards Athens, I've only seen a few modded 6.4's around here.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.