100k miles, time to fix what the factory got wrong. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 03:15 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
100k miles, time to fix what the factory got wrong.

Just clicked over a 100k. Got everything ordered, just waiting on it. Can't wait to see the difference it makes in both power and fuel economy. I had a 6.0 and i remember how much a good tune woke that thing up.

I ordered the Flo-Pro EGR delete with the elbow, a 5" stainless turbo back Flo-Pro exhaust system, S&B CAI, SCT LiveWire (feel like theres a better variety of people writing tunes for SCT and having one previously im familiar with how it works) i originally was leaning towards the mini maxx for the gauge functions. I refuse to mount the livewire as its an eye sore. Then i happened upon the AeroForce interceptor, has almost if not all of the gauge functions of the mini maxx but it mounts in a 52mm gauge pod. So i also ordered an autometer boost gauge to free up some of the functions to cycle on the interceptor. Im leaving the third gauge spot on the column pod empty til i decide what other gauge i wan there. I also found another factory pillar cover with handle so i dont have to hack up mine when i mount the gauges. Also have the racor/ parker ccv4500 on the way for my ccv re route. Excited for it all to get here.

Any advice on installing this stuff, any easy ways of going about the installs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Premium Member

Livewire was good choice.. they're all good choices IMO. Just depends on what you're looking for.. the Livewire is bulky and not the easiest on the eyes, but the custom tuning available with the livewire is unmatched. Who did you order the live wire through?? getting any custom tunes.. like IDP, KEM, gearhead?
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Getting it off someone used. Going to look at IDP and RCD for tunes
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Im most curious to see the aeroforce interceptor. If it functions like it supposed to its gonna be well worth the money. Anyone got one on their truck?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:36 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Got everything except the exhaust delivered. Still waiting on it. Gotta buy paint for my gauge pod still. Ready to turn this thing in to a monster!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't have the interceptor for my 6.4, but I have been running a dual interceptor setup in my ls1 Trans Am for several years.

Aeroforce makes a great product! They monitor more things than you'll know what to do with, look good and are built well. If I wasn't running the screen with my Spartan for gauges I'd definitely pick up one or two of em.

Let me know if you have any more questions about them!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:42 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

Yea i got it hooked up and set up for the features i wanted. Waiting on the color matched spray paint to paint my gauge pod before i can in stall it. I like it a lot, very cool. The one parameter i want that i'll prolly get another permanent gauge for is oil pressure.

The time i used it while driving around. Not on cyclic scan mode but regular scan mode the one parameter that stayed on the display was water temp while the others would change. I was only using the left button to scroll. Would the rjght button change the lower displY parameter. Id like egt to stay if that was the case.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6

ot everything installed so far except for the ccv and the egr delete. Gonna wait on the ccv til i move my batteries. The egr i should be ble to install the delete kit this week. Had a performance shop tig a bung on my intake elbow so i can tap in for a boost reading with out having to get a CAC tube right away. Came out nicely and couldnt beat the price to have it welded in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.