Full turbo back exhaust advice needed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Full turbo back exhaust advice needed

I am looking to do an exhaust upgrade for my 08. Currently only has an intake, otherwise stock. I really want to do the full turbo back, down pipe and all. I am having trouble finding one in one kit though.

My questions are-
-Can anyone reccommend a good t-back exhaust? I'd prefer 5 inch (no real reason other than it's bigger, lol)
-From what I've read and seen, it's not a highly involved upgrade. But I read on one post somewhere (not sure if this forum even) that the cab had to come off to swap the down pipe. Is this so? Basically, what does it entail to do this upgrade?
I am also aware I need to get a tuner to eliminate the dpf, but that was the next step after the exhaust so no problem to do it all in one. Is H&S Mini Maxx the best or should I consider others?

For all of this please keep in mind I am not loaded. But, I also do not want to skimp out and get crappier parts just because I can save a few bucks.

Thank you for any and all advice/help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablock View Post
I am looking to do an exhaust upgrade for my 08. Currently only has an intake, otherwise stock. I really want to do the full turbo back, down pipe and all. I am having trouble finding one in one kit though.

My questions are-
-Can anyone reccommend a good t-back exhaust? I'd prefer 5 inch (no real reason other than it's bigger, lol)
-From what I've read and seen, it's not a highly involved upgrade. But I read on one post somewhere (not sure if this forum even) that the cab had to come off to swap the down pipe. Is this so? Basically, what does it entail to do this upgrade?
I am also aware I need to get a tuner to eliminate the dpf, but that was the next step after the exhaust so no problem to do it all in one. Is H&S Mini Maxx the best or should I consider others?

For all of this please keep in mind I am not loaded. But, I also do not want to skimp out and get crappier parts just because I can save a few bucks.

Thank you for any and all advice/help.
the largest downpipe you can get is 4" I believe. After that you can get a 5" downpipe back. The cab doesn't have to come off for the downpipe, it just has to be cut to remove it. For the tuner you will find everyone has their own preference on tuners so you just need to make your own decision on what options of whichever tuner you like. Spartan & SCT are also popular tuners.

Last edited by superduty6.4; 07-17-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

MBRP, AFE, Flo-Pro, and Diamond Eye all have turbo back kits, or you can but the down pipe back kit and add the down pipe separately.

The cab does not have to come off to install the DP, you will need to cut the stock one out though.

The H&S Mini Maxx is the best option on the market in my opinion and what we sell the most of. You cant go wrong with it, excellent tuning, features, shift-on-the-fly and priced right.

Let us know if theres anything we can help with.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If your interested I have a used setup for sale. No down pipe though.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Went with the diamond eye 5" turbo back and H&S mini Maxx. Thank you for the help.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Glad we could help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.