Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new to diesels, egr/dpf questions

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  couch 
#1 ·
I am new to the diesel world.
Just recently bought a 08 F250, I have bought a superchips 1856 tuner and am running it on level 3. My rig already has a intake and I have just purchased a 5in diamond eye exhaust from the turbo back.

My question is do I have to do a EGR delete too?
I have read somewhere you can just unplug it?
Is it safe to unplug in and run it for a while till i get time to buy the egr kit.

I have not installed my exhaust yet. I was going to wait to get the right info before i make any changes.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sell the superchip and buy H&S or Spartan tuner. trust me--if you don't do it now, you will later.

If your diamond eye is turbo back, i hope you know how to weld because it's only bolt on from the DP back. You can't just unplug your EGR.

If you have the money, buy the EGR Delete and do the tuner, Exhaust, and EGR delete all at once. Again--trust me you will want to later after some research on the forum.

Good luck, welcome to the 6.4 world, and welcome to the org!!! :)

#3 ·
Don't let guys on this forum rag on your tuner. I had the superchips tuner and was very happy with it. I now have an H&S tuner only because I am going to delete the EGR. You can delete egr with superchips, but your cruise won't work. Enjoy the truck!!

#6 ·
ugh...wasn't "ragging." just speaking from experience. i noticed from his 3 posts that he might not know this--people come here asking for opinions and advice. Thanks though.

and as far as welding, I don't have too much experience with the turbo-DP tie-in. I see that the band clamp comes stock for turbo-DP connection from your instructions. My buddy has a welded one turbo-DP connection. It's a 90 degree turn...i'd be scared using a band clamp to hold that much force (my own paranoia). Should be adequate, but that's just me. Sorry for the confusion brother.

#8 ·
You don't have to delete the egr to run the 4 and 5 tunes, but you do have to delete the dpf and I would delete the doc also which sounds like your exhaust does. I have not added a 4in downpipe yet, but plan to in the future so I can't help you there. As far as I know from conversations with tech support at superchips they run a stock egr profile on all there tunes. You can delete the egr with the tuner, but your cruise will not work from what I have been told. So in a nutshell put your exhaust on and enjoy!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.