Buying some mods this week - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buying some mods this week

Well ive went back and forth on whether to lift the truck first or do intake, exhaust, programmer and i think i finally settled on the performance side.

For my setup though i havent quite decided on h&s or Spartan, i have found things i like with both and i know it comes down to personal preference, but from my understanding the spartan is gonna give a little more horsepower as well as give a bigger display?

For echaust i think i want a 5" turbo back into a 6" or 7" tip and probably gonna go with a black tip just not sure on what length or brand of tip would be best. And as for intake it looks like s&b and afe are the two best but not sure on the difference of either.

Im prettu sure im gonna try to order this week once i figure out which programmer to go with, along with which brand exhaust, tip and intake. I know some places offer a package deal and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction of which brand of equipment as well as a reputable company to buy from.

Thanks,
Justin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM

The customer service on the HS is unbeatable... I love the mini max, also HS is the only one with on the fly adjustability!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yeah that is one advantage i definitely see over Spartan. Now i know Spartan makes a little more hp but exactly how much is it? Im not sure on what the power options are on the spartan are over the h&s. My only other concern is how small the h&s is, i dont want that to be a deciding factor im just afraid it will look out of place or something on my dash because it is so small, never seen one in person but i heard its about the size of a business card or a little bigger?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwillmon View Post
Yeah that is one advantage i definitely see over Spartan. Now i know Spartan makes a little more hp but exactly how much is it? Im not sure on what the power options are on the spartan are over the h&s. My only other concern is how small the h&s is, i dont want that to be a deciding factor im just afraid it will look out of place or something on my dash because it is so small, never seen one in person but i heard its about the size of a business card or a little bigger?
The screen itself is about the size of a business card on the HS Mini Max... the module itself is larger. I have the Black Maxx, and its comparable to the size of a Garmin GPS unit. I don't think either one would look "funny" on your dash. I went with the Black Maxx just because i wanted the "best" option available lol. I absolutely love my H&S tunes, and i would recommend them to anyone... but I hear really good things about Spartan too. You can't go wrong with any of the above items that you listed. Give Nate a call at PTP and he can talk you through what you want and need. best prices and customer service around!!
Performance Truck Products - DPF Delete Kits & Diesel Performance Parts from MBRP, H&S, EDGE, Diamond Eye, Banks, BullyDog
Old 07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Let us know if you have any questions about the Mini Maxx. FYI our hottest tune is free of charge and is rated at 300 HP over stock. We have several customers who have dyno'd right at or a little over 600 HP with our Hot Damn tune, an intake and exhaust. Our test truck made 582 HP to the rear wheels with the same 3 mods. Good luck with whatever route you choose
Old 07-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Support View Post
FYI our hottest tune is free of charge and is rated at 300 HP over stock.
That is ultimately why I chose H&S..... All their tunes are FREE! Other companies charge for their higher HP tunes, and I believe they should NOT cost money after you just dropped over a $1000+ on the tuner. Luckily H&S believes this too! Plus H&S is constantly improving their tunes while most other companies move on to work on the newer model truck tunes, and they are just simply done with the "older trucks". Not the case with HS.... They pretty much rock!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFeverDisease View Post
That is ultimately why I chose H&S..... All their tunes are FREE! Other companies charge for their higher HP tunes, and I believe they should NOT cost money after you just dropped over a $1000+ on the tuner. Luckily H&S believes this too! Plus H&S is constantly improving their tunes while most other companies move on to work on the newer model truck tunes, and they are just simply done with the "older trucks". Not the case with HS.... They pretty much rock!
All Spartan tunes are free as well. And they continue to modify for the 6.4. A new version of tunes came out in December and word is another change is coming in the near future.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I called PTP today and they said nate was out of town. The guy i talked to though was pretty helpeful and suggested a minimax, either mbrp or diamond eye exhaust and the S&B cold air intake.

So it looks like im going to follow his suggestions and go with a minimax, diamond eye 5" turbo back exhaust and the s&b intake. As for as a tip goes though im not sure which one to get i know i either want 6" or 7" black tip but im not sure on what length looks best, it seems like AFE is the only one making a black tip but still undecided on that.

I am pretty set on the minimax, diamond eye exhaust and s&b intake unless something changes but most likely i will be ordering tomorrow. So i am pretty excited!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I went to Spartan in Ashville NC when I walked in they were great answered all my questions I bought a package deal from them, everytime i've called they have helped great company, they loaded all the tunes for free and tweek a few for my needs top notch guys!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Went ahead and ordered the minimax, 5" turbo back exhaust and s&b intake.

Now im looking at exhaust tips, i know i want a black tip but do i just need a tip that is a 5" inlet into say a 6" outlet? Ive been looking at the mbrp as well as rbp tips and AFE as well. Im just not sure what will look best and what length of tip to get either? Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.