New truck! Time to buy stuff! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New truck! Time to buy stuff!

Well, I picked up my first diesel Thursday! 08 ccsb lariat. I've been nothing been pleased this far, I absolutely love the interior, so much nicer than my Chevy. I want to get a programmer and exhaust, I am leaning towards the H&S Mini Maxx, I think it has everything I need, this truck is just a dd and I just want it to run better. I'm not sure what exhaust to go with, I'm thinking 4in but I don't know if I should go Turbo back or down pipe back, Diamond eye has a turbo back for about the same price as MBRPs Down pipe back. Any have any input on what one I should go with? Its looking like I can get all that for under $1300, I don't think that's bad at all, eventually I plan on getting the EGR delete also, I just don't think I wanna toss the cash out for that also right now. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
New truck! Time to buy stuff!-ford.jpg   New truck! Time to buy stuff!-ford2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Don't you worry about it

Its my trucks twin. I would go 5" down pipe is nice to have but not needed.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Error 404: Page Not Found

Welcome! I cant attest to the H&S as I went the Spartan route, but I'm sure they are similar enough for me to say it's worth it to tune it. Just make sure you read the owners manual and keep up on the maintenance like draining the water separator monthly and changing the fuel filters ever 10k, oil every 5k, and it will last a long time.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokinpower View Post
Its my trucks twin. I would go 5" down pipe is nice to have but not needed.

Pretty slick truck right there! haha. How loud is the 5in? I like to hear my truck, but at the same time I dont want it to be extremely loud in the cab where I cant talk to my friends and what not.

I thought about going with the spartan but they seem to be a few hundred more. Is it worth it?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Error 404: Page Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Pretty slick truck right there! haha. How loud is the 5in? I like to hear my truck, but at the same time I dont want it to be extremely loud in the cab where I cant talk to my friends and what not.

I thought about going with the spartan but they seem to be a few hundred more. Is it worth it?
Opinions are like bumm holes, everyone has one. I can tell you that I love my Spartan kit though. I'm sure no matter what tuner you get you'll be happy. I just liked what I read about the Spartan setup best when I made my purchase.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Don't you worry about it

Thanks, The 5" from what I have heard is just a little deeper tone. The loud part is really just the blowing air sound but I don't have a muffler. I have the H&S and love it because you can shift on the fly and choose custom trans tunes.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:10 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the Diamond Eye 4" down pipe and 5" straight pipe. The only time I hear it inside the cab is when I'm really getting into the throttle and even then its barely noticeable. I have no regrets at all with the setup.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I put 45,000 mi on my 6.4 250 in 9months. That's a good mix of city and hw with occasional spurts of pulling a 8ton fifth wheel for a thousand mile jaunt....through mountains with zero problems. So I feel confidant in saying spending a little more now saves in the long term.
A strong truck needs three things. A good intake so it can breath well, you wouldn't run a marathon with rags in your mouth. A good tuner that not only gives you power but dose it safely by also talking to your trans. It should be packed with tunes. Cus you never know what you might want to get in to down the line, this is a tuff truck and will last a loooong time. It's also handy if it can display all the must have gauges , and some not so must haves for us nerds. My tuner warns me if something vital like exaust gases get to hot that alone can save your butt.
And the last is an at least 4 in exaust so it can get rid of the gases as fast and with the least amount of restrictions as possible. Going from the turbo is a little better but after the down pipe is ok too. The big thing is quality. Mine is after the pipe case I need to go to calf. and I cept my muff. but striped the rest. Mine is easy to swap back to sock, (not welded easy to install too).
I'm not here to tell you what brand to buy. I really want to tell you what I have, but I won't Cus I'm no sales man just a road wh0re that chases the money all over the countr. Hay those nukeuler power plants don't take them selves apart
Unless ya wanna know!!!!!!!! Then I'll tell ya.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

O ya look on the more expensive tuners web sites (the big names you see splattered all over this forum) some times thay have package deals on the three must haves.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If you havent purchased yet, give us a holler or check our site for pricing on a package deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.