radiator hoses leaking - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
radiator hoses leaking

My 2010 F350 has sprung leaks in both the Upper and Lower Radiator hoses according to the service dept at the dealership. I refuse to pay the 200 bucks for Ford Hoses since they apparently cant withstand demands of the truck. Anyone know of any aftermarket or replacement hoses? where to buy and part# so I dont mistakenly order the wrong hose... Any help is appreciated..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

are you not under warranty they replaced my lower no questions asked it went right after my radiator
Old 07-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No such luck.. I have 79k miles and dealership says hoses are not covered. They want 200.00 for hoses and another 350.00 to install them. I bought the truck used and paid 2000 for an extended warranty and it doesnt cover the stupid hoses either.

I've since located hoses on Amazon for about 100.00 but they're motorcraft brand, so my faith in them is lacking..
Old 07-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

They should be replacing the hoses under warranty I just had my lower hose replaced yesterday they told me 100 for deductible when I went to pick up no charge but the hose is the same but the plastic piece is white now, before it was black so I wonder if they know its a problem and replace it with a stronger part , and just say no charge my originals cracked bit the first one I got replaced at 25k is still fine ,

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 07-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxr695 View Post
They should be replacing the hoses under warranty I just had my lower hose replaced yesterday they told me 100 for deductible when I went to pick up no charge but the hose is the same but the plastic piece is white now, before it was black so I wonder if they know its a problem and replace it with a stronger part , and just say no charge my originals cracked bit the first one I got replaced at 25k is still fine ,

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App
If the seals are leaking, the 100k mile warranty covers them and the seals and hoses are replaced as an assembly. The actual hoses are a wear item and are not covered under warranty.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The hose with the white end is the new updated ford hose. It has a two o ring design that seals better rather than the old single o ring hoses. I replaced both of mine with the updated hoses and it seems to hold fine. The quick fix is to just replace the o ring for ten bucks but it will eventually leak again. I bought the new updated hoses from tasca parts. It was a good bit cheaper than going through the dealership.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dealer replaced both mine under warranty. Mine weren't leaking they just up graded them for me.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb82 View Post
I bought the new updated hoses from tasca parts. It was a good bit cheaper than going through the dealership.
I also went through tascaparts.com and saved a bunch of money. If I recall correctly then they are about $50 a piece.... I went ahead and bought both even though only one was leaking. If your gonna pay $10 for shipping, and then drain your coolant, you might as well do them both. Im on vacation, so I dont have part numbers. They were the new updated hoses and they werent to terrible to change out
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
If the seals are leaking, the 100k mile warranty covers them and the seals and hoses are replaced as an assembly. The actual hoses are a wear item and are not covered under warranty.

Sent from a phone smarter than me.
Sorry to bring back a old thread, but I am currently having this issue on my 08. The dealer says its not covered under any warranty, but its leaking at the seals, so is this the 5yr/100k manufacturer warranty or a different extended warranty?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had about 75k on mine and Ford woulnt warranty anything.. As usual. I found a dealer mechanic that does work on the side in the Ft Worth Tx area and he did it for 200 or 250 as opposed to the 700 the crooks at the dealership wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.