Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

i know, another exhaust thread, but i searched and still need help.

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DSTRBD 
#1 ·
i've got an '08 f-350 cclb and i'm looking for a complete stainless exhaust. turbo back or not, but one that matches the factory exhaust closely in tip placement and volume. i want a quiet exhaust that'll afford me the room for a CAI, egr delete and spartan tuner. no other mods wanted for an already awesome truck. i've looked all over and my head is spinning now.:doh: thanx with any help guys.

#2 ·
The only exhaust system that resembles the stock exhaust is banks side duals on this page here.
Banks Power | 08-10 Ford - 6.4L Power Stroke>>Monster® Exhaust

Although, banks exhaust is only dpf back not down pipe back or turbo back so you would have to run a dpf delete pipe in front of it. The two best options for what you are looking for would be either 4" SS 304 down pipe back exhaust with muffler and no bungs(h&s and spartan do not require bungs in exhaust) or just use the stock tail pipe and purchase the dpf delete pipe and just run it through the factory muffler/resonator. It will get a little louder and you will be able to hear more turbo noise but it will be quiter than a full system if your looking for little sound and look factory at the back of the truck. This would save you a bit of money too because dpf delete pipes are half the price or less.

Ps, I wouldn't waste your time getting the factory downpipe out to do a turbo back exhaust if you chose that route. Unless your making serious power, the larger down pipe doesn't do much beside lower egt's. Hope that helps

#3 ·
Thanx, you did help. I'm not completely tied to the dual tip though, just want something that fits great and exits in the same spot as the factory. I'm assuming companies make exhausts from the down pipe back or am I wrong? Also which ones should I stay away from in a quality sense?

#4 ·
All single exhausts exit behind the rear tire like stock. Diamond eye, flo pro, mbrp just to name a few all make perfect fitting exhaust. Yes companies do make down pipe back and I suggest this because you won't have to mess with getting the factory down pipe out. Mot of the stainless steel kits come with a free tip too. Just shop around for the best deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.