Tune and dpf delete packages - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tune and dpf delete packages

New here new to powerstrokes. I'm absolutely in love with my truck had it for about a month now looking into deleting and tuning. I've been reading alot about h&s and Spartan both seem the way to go but there seems to be a big price difference. I live in Cali so I'm looking into dpf cat delete for now maybe full exhaust later what are your guys opinions for the Spartan and mini maxx and where to order from? Which one is going to be less of a hassle putting back to stock truck still has 34k left on warranty... Not planning on running crazy tunes...250 h&s 275 on Spartan tops my questions are where to buy and is the Spartan worth the extra money
Truck 09 f250 almost 30k on it CCSB 4x4 already has an rbp intake which sounds awesome!!!
Thank you for the help David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am in Cali as well and was in your same position. Initially I went went the full cat/dpf delete but ended on selling that and getting just the dpf delete. It's pretty obvious by the sound of the exhaust that the truck is not stock with the full delete. Also went witht the mini maxx and s&b intake, coudln't be happier
Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Mini maxx and order from ptp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 06-19-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acelay View Post
I am in Cali as well and was in your same position. Initially I went went the full cat/dpf delete but ended on selling that and getting just the dpf delete. It's pretty obvious by the sound of the exhaust that the truck is not stock with the full delete. Also went witht the mini maxx and s&b intake, coudln't be happier
Any problems with the law? I live in the bay area and cops can be d1cks especially when they see a big truck rollin coal
Old 06-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am running turbo back exhaust and a spartan tuner. I also live in the bay area. Have had it for about a month now and love it. Tows great, not alot of black smoke. I run the 275 late lock tune. and the 210 tow when towing my fifth wheel. Look at performancetruckproducts.com for kits. Good service and great prices.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Dont Mess With Texas!

If you are looking for a package deal visit Performance Truck Products - DPF Delete Kits & Diesel Performance Parts from MBRP, H&S, EDGE, Diamond Eye, Banks, BullyDog
Old 06-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

We have package deals listed on our website homepage. If you have any questions, feel free to email our sales department. sales@spartandieseltech.com

Spartan Diesel Technologies
Old 06-20-2012, 05:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

too bad spartan won't ship to California though! you'll have to go through PTP.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:59 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have ordered almost every performance accessory on my truck from Rudy's Diesel. Those guys really know their stuff and will help you get what you need. As for what kit to go with, both are great tuners and equally easy to return to stock. The Spartan just takes about 10 mins longer to load any tunes. In my opinion you can't beat the power of the Spartan. I have run the H&S tunes, KEM tunes, and currently running Spartan's. Power-wise the H&S does not compare to KEM and Spartan. If you are worried about smoke, then the KEM tunes are the way to go. Very little smoke. The bigger H&S tunes (250+) and the bigger Spartan tunes (250+) both smoke quite a bit. If you are buying a tuner strictly to add power then I would go with Spartan. If you are wanting a more mild tuner then I would go with H&S. In my opinion the best all-around tunes are KEM's. They have better shift quality over Spartan, the power is comparable to Spartan, they don't smoke very much at all and they definitely give you the lowest EGTs of all the tunes. If it were my truck, I would get the H&S mini maxx w/ KEM tunes. Like I said Rudy's Diesel will hook you up and answer any questions you have. They are some of the very best in the business and have become probably the premier shop in the country in building 6.4s. Hope this helps.

Rudy's Diesel Performance Kits and Diesel Performance Parts.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidstroker219 View Post
Any problems with the law? I live in the bay area and cops can be d1cks especially when they see a big truck rollin coal
No problems with the law but I was somewhat paranoid when I had the full delete! I also ordered my mods from Rudy's for a great price, they also have great customer service!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.