H&S tuner power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-14-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S tuner power

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions for the guys running the H&S mini max. My brother just purchased a minimax and we installed it all the only question we have is we haven't hooked it up to a 12v key power source. Just running it off the battery source right now and we were wondering if theres a way to turn the programmer off, instead of just unplugging it, until we hook it up to run of the key. Thanks for any information

2008 Harley f350 ccsb, 8.5'' lift, 38''x15.5r20 toyo mts, afe 4'' turbo back, afe cia stg2 tuning via spartan tunes
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah you can, there is a switch on the plug that plugs into the OBDII port. Im pretty sure that will shut it off.

09 F-350 H&S Mini Maxx, 4" Flo-Pro downpipe back, S&B Intake, 35X12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 20" Black/Machined Ultra Phantom wheels, Bushwacker pocket flares, B&W hitch, Rhino lining, Tinted lights, Recon cab lights, Alpine M500 AMP, 2 10" JL Audio W1's, Glow Shift 3in1 Gauge, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Spyder LED Tail lights, Spyder Halo Projector headlights
post #3 of 4 Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Yup, that little switch on the obdII will take care of it. Don't forget to turn it off either. I left mine on for I think it was two days and came out to dead battery. Then I wired it up lol. It's a purple wire under the dash on the driver side in a bundle of other wires. It should be the only solid purple one Mine I couldn't find until I realized they used it alread for my strobes so I had to splice into it.

2010 F350 6.4- H&S Single turbo kit, 5" flo pro,No limit SS cold side kit, No Limit intake, MPD billet CCV/oil filler, newton leveling kit, RED Newton traction bars, custom projector retrofit in oem lights and a bunch of LED lights LOL

Holderdown Performance #teamHDP

OUR FLEET: 2015 f450, 2014 Platinum F350, 2012 F450 6.7, 2010 F350 6.4, 2005 F350 6.0, 04 F450 6.0
post #4 of 4 Old 06-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
just wire it up, there's no easier install than a 6.4
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode