new truck already had sct but no wires to connect to truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
new truck already had sct but no wires to connect to truck

I finally got my 6.4 yesterday. The ford dealership where i bought it from here in MI got it from a ford dealership in FL. The truck is an 08 from an elderly couple, original owners, lived in NJ in the summer and drove it to FL in the winters. Super clean with all highway miles and never towed. Still factory paint inside the reciever!!

Anyways, from the pics I new it had 5" exhaust on it and that was all i knew as for aftermarket. When i picked it up and was looking over it, it has a 5" magnaflow filter back and noticed the dpf was gone (cat still on) and I knew from reading that it had to have a tuner inorder for it to run. Found out they put a sct tuner in it and it also has a S&B intake. Awesome!!

However, I didn't know what tune was on the truck and was reading in the sct owners manual how to work it. The wires aren't in the truck and Im going to have to get new wires to plug it in. Also in the owners manual it gives a list of ford vehicles that the particular tuners works on and the 6.4 isn't one of the diesels listed. It says this item will work with the 7.3 and the 6.0 but says nothing about the 6.4. It has to work because with the dpf gone it would be in limp mode, correct? Anyways, I'm going to talk to sct about the wires and whats going on with the tuner.

The egr is stilll on the truck so I guess my honey do list for the truck is still there, but just dramatically shorter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 01:03 PM

SCT has done DPF delete tuning in the past but then stopped offering it about a year or so ago ( thank EPA for scaring an Amercian company out of business). What you probably have is one of their older tuners. Nothing wrong with it but there are MUCH better options out there now.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:07 PM

A lot of guys are actually really coming around to the SCT devices for 6.4s with Matt at Gearheads tuning, these trucks are NASTY and basically smoke free...

Do you have the device? If you do, post up a pic or a serial number and we can help you identify what you need.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Yeah I have the device. Looks ancient. Just don't have any wires to hook the thing up. I'll get the number some time tomorrow

Side note- man I love this truck!!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:11 PM

On the owners manual it says part number 9600, on the tuned it says act livewire and there's a bar code and the number under that is LW08240700A02
Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 AM

Does anyone have a link for sct's homepage. I did a search and it says that the homepage cant be found. I need to get a hold of a tech or someone to see what I need.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:19 PM

The 9600 doesn't do offroad tuning unless its been wiped and reprogramed by a tuner. The 9625OR was the one for the offroad tuning.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
SCT site is www.sctflash.com

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-12-2012, 07:33 PM

Thanks, that link worked. I emailed sct, hopefully they can help. I want to be able to return my truck back to stock eventually so I can put an H&S or spartan on. By the way, where is the cheapest place to get either of the two tuners at?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk450er View Post
Thanks, that link worked. I emailed sct, hopefully they can help. I want to be able to return my truck back to stock eventually so I can put an H&S or spartan on. By the way, where is the cheapest place to get either of the two tuners at?
Check out PTP (performance truck products ) they are a great all around place to get diesel stuff from. As for Spartan ( which is what I run ) , there is no place with a better price. Spartan sets their prices and everyone sells them for the the same price (kinda like Apple does with Mac).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.