Carbon fiber passenger fender vent scoop? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
Carbon fiber passenger fender vent scoop?

I recently picked up a 2010 F350 and it has a carbon fiber vent scoop installed in the passenger fender vent. Anyone know who makes this and if it actually works?

Some pics...

Last edited by WydOpen; 06-07-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Its the BD "Boost scoop" I dont know much about it but here is the webpage, retails for $195 I woulds think it would be better than sucking up hot air from under the hood. BD Power - Product: Ford 6.4L Boost Scoop
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to WydOpen
44magnum, thank you for the information and link!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Air Intakes - BD Diesel Ford 6.4L Super Air Scoop Intake Kit
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM

I'm running the BD scoop....but I didn't buy the whole kit. Let me explain:

I'm runing a S&B with the top off (I want / need as much air as possible). The BD scoop tosses massive amounts of air into the engine bay just behind the S&B, which is nice. I also modded the factory air dam with three 1" holes (The BD kit has a new air dam that is a total B!TCH to install). I do NOT think it helped with my performance much, but I can tell you that my EGT's dropped about 30-50 degrees with the extra cold air tumbling in. If you look at BD's website you will see a new air dam that gets installed in the fender / fire wall on the pasenger side. With that you get air forced into the air box (But you may also get moisture and snow). The S&B box fits into the factory air dam at the bottom and also has the air cut out on the front side with the option of running open or plugged. My want / need for more air forces me to not only run the S&B unplugged, but without the clear lid. The scoop is forcing the cold air in right through the fender and frame cut out behind the S&B kit allowing a steady nice stream of cold air. With the holes I made in the factory dam, I'm also geeting extra cold air into the opening on the bottom of the S&B.....Win, Win, Win and no direct connection, so any moisture or snow will just fall down to the ground.

I think the scoop is great, but the BD kit is a B!tch to install, and I DO NOT like how the moisture has no place to go, but into the intake. I helped a friend install the whole BD kit on his truck and it was not fun. However, doing his install it gave me the idea of using their scoop along with my S&B and stock (Modded) air dam....It is a nice compliment to the S&B and would also work with the AFE's.

Again, I do not think there is any power increase involved, but I can assure you it helped lower my EGT's...and we all know how hot these trucks run with tunes.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo kidd View Post
I'm running the BD scoop....but I didn't buy the whole kit. Let me explain:

I'm runing a S&B with the top off (I want / need as much air as possible). The BD scoop tosses massive amounts of air into the engine bay just behind the S&B, which is nice. I also modded the factory air dam with three 1" holes (The BD kit has a new air dam that is a total B!TCH to install). I do NOT think it helped with my performance much, but I can tell you that my EGT's dropped about 30-50 degrees with the extra cold air tumbling in. If you look at BD's website you will see a new air dam that gets installed in the fender / fire wall on the pasenger side. With that you get air forced into the air box (But you may also get moisture and snow). The S&B box fits into the factory air dam at the bottom and also has the air cut out on the front side with the option of running open or plugged. My want / need for more air forces me to not only run the S&B unplugged, but without the clear lid. The scoop is forcing the cold air in right through the fender and frame cut out behind the S&B kit allowing a steady nice stream of cold air. With the holes I made in the factory dam, I'm also geeting extra cold air into the opening on the bottom of the S&B.....Win, Win, Win and no direct connection, so any moisture or snow will just fall down to the ground.

I think the scoop is great, but the BD kit is a B!tch to install, and I DO NOT like how the moisture has no place to go, but into the intake. I helped a friend install the whole BD kit on his truck and it was not fun. However, doing his install it gave me the idea of using their scoop along with my S&B and stock (Modded) air dam....It is a nice compliment to the S&B and would also work with the AFE's.

Again, I do not think there is any power increase involved, but I can assure you it helped lower my EGT's...and we all know how hot these trucks run with tunes.
Pics please
Old 06-06-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto2four View Post
Pics please
No problem....It may not be until tomorrow. I work late tonight. I should have also mentioned....Now my turbos sing a sweet tune, Spool, Spool, Spooling.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Hey Kidd how did you get just the vent????
Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
Hey Kidd how did you get just the vent????
I just called BD and told them that mine broke and I needed a replacement...it was $45 shipped to my house.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo kidd View Post
I just called BD and told them that mine broke and I needed a replacement...it was $45 shipped to my house.
Damn, thats a good idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.