starting out - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
starting out

hey guys im gonna purchase a ext cab 4x4 long bed 6.4 and our company has previosly had problems with 6.4 but i belive they are great motors with the right work. to my understanding after egr and dpf deletes intake exhaust they are some of the best trucks made i was just wondering which programer i should use and i would want a screened dash mount. also if u guys have any more bullet proofing u guys would suggest that would be amazing thnx guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

this truck actually is our companies and ill be buyin it within the month
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch

A h&s or spartan are great programmers, an intake, either dpf delete pipe or full exhaust, and an egr delete, will make for a great reliable truck.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:27 AM

I just put on H and S Mini with drop on AFE air filter and 4" Down pipe back and seem to work real nice. My buddy has been running the spartan for 170000kms and has had no problems he ran the 210 tune for most of it but the 250 and 275 for 50000kms He thinks his tranny is starting to slip now, but he also just changed his tranny oil 10000kms ago a little neglect. I think both are good, spartan has better head unit able to monitor more stuff and lots more tunes. The H and S Mini is small ( I like ) and offers a few tunes, It has defuel options which I really like, Coming out with software to play with tune programing.

Shawn

Last edited by Hags; 05-16-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thnx guys i really apreciat it ive heard youget some rearend wrap with the spartan is this true?? and if would traction bars help out? and also im just starting college and am on a budget but i will put some seriose money for it, any place i could pick up h and s or spartan for good deals? and any more ideas for bullet proofing it? btw i will be hualin alot of hay metal and heavy equipment. thnx again guys
Old 05-16-2012, 06:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Tuner: H&S Mini Maxx or Spartan Phalanx
Exhaust: MBRP, Diamond EYe, AFE, or Flo-Pro (several different configurations available)
Intake: S&B or AFE
EGR Delete: PTP or Flo-Pro

In our opinion, the best setup includes an H&S Mini Maxx, 4" or 5" turbo back exhaust, S&B intake, and PTP EGR/Cooler delete kit. We have several different packages on our site, take a look and let us know if you have any questions.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to 2003kingranch
Axle wrap is a problem. But not something to worry about right now. I'd go toward H&S over spartan.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thnx guys i apreciate all this im prob gonna go with mini maxx just bc i havnt evr heard of any problems with it and ive heard alot of hard shifting with the spartan and its a little pricier. after egr delete and dpf delete with the mini couldnt i couldnt just straight pipe it right i would have to get a brand name turbo back right? o and if i do this all myself or woul i have to take it to a shop and have some computer stuff done? sorry i dnt know mush about these newer diesels ive always worked on 12 valve cummins a 6.2 detriot and a couple 7.3l (my fav ive worked on). also have heard some problems with the coolant in the 6.4?????? was looking at some coolant filter systems and also air filtraion systems???? would an air dog help me enough to beworth it??? and wuts a reasonable est mpg after all this 18,19, maybe even 20??? again thnx guys
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

hey and thnx to qtp i made a package with the mini maxx, s and b, 5" down pipe no muffler and of course dash mount for the mini and it says itll run me about 1850. was wondering if this is about fair or if its alittle priciey and if u guys kno anywere i might catch a better deal?
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thnx guys again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.