EGR Delete.. Need input? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete.. Need input?

I'm looking at doing a EGR Delete real soon and would like some input on what kit to go with? I've looked out a few and was leaning towards River City Diesels kit since it comes with CAC Pipe. Here is the link

http://www.rivercitydiesel.com/index...mart&Itemid=54
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

It's a good kit.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

PTP 6.4L EGR/Cooler Delete Kit
Old 05-02-2012, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post
How much would a CAC Pipe be? Also should I concerned about getting a External Wastegate due to the increased pressure?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
You do not need a wastegate unless you are going to be running the hell out of the truck in BIG tunes all the time. I would suggest the flo pro kit, or the PTP kit, and then get the MBRP or Elite coldside pipe which if I remember can be had for $130.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud2k View Post
You do not need a wastegate unless you are going to be running the hell out of the truck in BIG tunes all the time. I would suggest the flo pro kit, or the PTP kit, and then get the MBRP or Elite coldside pipe which if I remember can be had for $130.
I don't plan on running the hell out of it ( well at least it all the time..lol ). They say the EGR Recirculates 25% of exhaust gas, so by removing the EGR that should be a 25% increase in pressure. Longevity is more my concern. Also was wondering about the need of blow off valve as far as turbo surge(excess boost has to go somewhere )excuse my ignorance but I'm new to diesels always had gasers. I understand how turbos B.O.V and wastegates work just diesels seem to be a little different. Like on my 07' Mustang I run a Pro Charger and a B.O.V for the excess boost. So why would t you run one on a diesel? I know there elec. Controled since diesel doesn't create vacuum like a gas engine. Sorry to ramble, I'm just trying to do my homework and do it right the first time.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 AM

Alright so the other day when I was up under my truck looking how I was going to route my CCV Mod I noticed water leaking which looked to be coming from the lower(Horizontal)cooler. So I called the Ford dealer that just did the Bed Plate Gasket and setup a appt. once they took a look they told me it wasn't. Coming for the EGR Cooler but from the Y-pipe just above it, followed with its going to cost me 440.00 to fix it, plus Dianostic fee. Mind you they just had the engine out 11/2 weeks ago. I told him I'm not paying for that, there's a good chance they fractured the pipe when re-installing the engine. After going back-n-forth, I said this what's going to happen I won't peruse the issue and you guys end up eating the whole repair. But, you are dropping the Dianostic charge and I will just fix it myself. So that's what happened, I figured since I have to tear into to replace the Y-pipe, I will go ahead and do the EGR Delete. Last night I figured I would go ahead a get a head start and remove everything and once I got the Y-pipe out I pressured tested it and it's perfectly fine... Errr. Not that I don't mind having an excuse for doing my EGR Delete(for the wife). But, just pisses me off that they where full of S***. Anyways I'm done *****ing.
So I think I have decided to go with Wide Open Performance EGR Delete w/Wastegate & Intake Elbow... MBRP CAC Pipe..dieselsite Coolant filter... And if I can swing it BD B.O.V.. I understand I may need to do Wastegate or BOV but it's just piece of mind plus if I decide to go higher HP it's already done.

No more EGR COOLER

Last edited by lindseyquads; 05-03-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:16 PM

Here are some pics with everything uninstalled...I took the core support out since I will end up needing to trim it for the new CAC Pipe.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to BLKF250
Keep the pics coming did you already install the waste gate
Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

WOW!! Looks like a fun project to do..... I would love to do an EGR Delete but here in Az the Emissions is SUPER crazy!!!
I'm scared that one day(hopefully down the road a ways) that something is going to let go and I will have to go to the Stealership for something....

Have fun!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.