Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Installed Spartan but...

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Clayton1985 
#1 ·
Installed Spartan and dpf delete. Went to the store and wont start. Have to load stock and the re load tune constantly. any help with this prob. Thanks
Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 ·
hmm sounds wierd, is the cable plugged in good on both sides? maybe go back through and load tunes over again

#9 ·
well to be honest, it did it 3 or 4 times, telling me there was error, load stock tune. Once i did that, it would start, then i would throw the 275 tune on it and a day later i would go to start it,dead. i have it unplugged now, and so far so good. i havent had time to really go any further than this. u think it may be a cable? i am leaning that way for now.

#10 ·
Well, as a young IT guy way back in the dark ages, the 1st rule of troubleshooting issues was to check cables!!

So, it would be a good idea to verify your cable(s) are good! Outside of that, I'd call the Spartan folks and get the assistance needed to resolve the problem.

#12 ·
Are you running a new tuner? Or is a tuner that you've had that still has the old files on it? If you are running old tunes and there is an EGT sensor unplugged on the exhaust, it can do a similar thing to what you are describing. The actual DashDAQ cable would have nothing to do with the issue if the tune is loaded. Once the tune is loaded, the cable only serves the purpose of giving your DashDAQ a signal so that you can do what you wish with it. It doesn't affect the truck. You could unplug it or keep it plugged in. The truck will run the same.

#15 ·
Our latest files do not require the sensors in the exhaust to be plugged in. If you got the files recently, the tunes should be ready to go with no sensors plugged in. I'm not sure what the issue is. Have you checked your DTC's to see if there are any codes? If not, check both Ford Specific and Generic OBDII.

#14 ·
oh and one thing i forgot to add to this whether or not it has anything to do with the prob is prior to the last issue, the engine cooling fan was wound up and would not kick off, the truck was only running for about 10 min. meaning it was not hot. once i shut it down, i could not restart without re- loading again. but like i said earlier, so far so good.

#19 ·
Had the EXACT thing happen to me.....lemme think now.....Id say last spring I think. I started truck at work to take a forklift tire to tire shop and started down the road, heard the fan roaring away, came back to shop, shut off..wouldnt start. Re-loaded tune, been fine ever since.
Glitch in the matrix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.