Elite now has bigger injectors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 03:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Elite now has bigger injectors

Elite now has bigger injectors for 60hp did anyone try them yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

I haven't heard anybody on here yet going to bigger injectors for the 6.4. You should be the first one
Old 09-28-2007, 04:30 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Heck ya - go for it and let us know how it goes Is exciting to hear about all these mods for the 6.4 comming out!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre3737 View Post
Elite now has bigger injectors for 60hp did anyone try them yet?
Yeah I heard about them and they also have 110hp injectors in the works as well. I asked around about them and here is pretty much what anyone has said about them........ You can get them if you want to spend the 2100 bucks plus a core if you have the money to blow. They will give you more power but they aren't necessary.....yet. Simply because no one knows the true limit of the new injectors on 6.4 and at 2100 bucks just for 60hp injectors and the pain it would be to install, I looked and it aint going to easy, its not really worth it. I'm waiting on the new intercooler, according to some there is over a 25% loss in the stock intercooler. The computer programming is quite dialed in yet for both the motor and tranny......so I guess what I'm saying is that for 2100 bucks (2100) it might be wiser to wait and see what limits can be pushed with things that are less expensive and make more of a difference.......don't get me wrong I'd want them bad, real bad, but everyone I talked to said wait and see what happens after SEMA
Old 09-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I do alot of work on high performance CATs c-15, injectors are the best way to go but alot more work. The performance is through the whole range and not detectable, go check ' truck pulls rodeo' on you tube and also check all the races on rodeo 2007
Old 09-28-2007, 05:17 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre3737 View Post
I do alot of work on high performance CATs c-15, injectors are the best way to go but alot more work. The performance is through the whole range and not detectable, go check ' truck pulls rodeo' on you tube and also check all the races on rodeo 2007
I wish I could check youtube but stupid firewall at work won't let me .....I believe your statement that injectors are a great way to go....but all I'm sayings that it a pretty steep price and pain in the azz install for just 60hp and none, to my knowledge as well as other, of the 6.4 have been pushed that far yet.....heck companies are still trying to get around regen
Old 09-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

With the injectors I think that a regen delete will be necessary so a chip will still be needed.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:13 AM
Banned

lets see....the duramax uses the exact same type of injectors......but the ford injectors will flow more fuel.....

Duramaxes are getting over 700 HP out of stock injectors.....:whistle:

this aint your grand daddies diesel....u cant use some of the older theory on them. As far as regen delete....or injectors go.....kiss your warranty goodbye if you do....

Install injectors wrong, and the first indication will be the hole in your hood from the 28,000 PSI stream of fuel that will come out.....
Old 09-28-2007, 06:19 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
l
Install injectors wrong, and the first indication will be the hole in your hood from the 28,000 PSI stream of fuel that will come out.....
Nice now that I would have to see.....
Old 09-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Chips do produce more fuel duration but to produce the most flow at a precise moment in the stroke the injectors have to flow more. You can increase injector duration and yes more power is produced but just not as optimized as with injectors that flow more. I agree it's not a task for everyone and much more expensive to meet most people's needs or what the rest of the truck can handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.