Mini Max, DPF/CAT Delete/ S&B Intake/CCV Mod/Coolant Filter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 08:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mini Max, DPF/CAT Delete/ S&B Intake/CCV Mod/Coolant Filter

just got finished today...''Release The Krackin'' The Beast is ready for towing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice! What did you do/use for the CCV mod? My coolant bypass filter is the on the way and I installed my AMSOIL oil bypass filter yesterday...did you consider doing one of those too?
Old 04-08-2012, 10:07 AM

YES, looking at Amsoil for next oil change. CCV Mod bought from Tractor Supply Company(on line), Hypro 1 inch Polypropylene Line Strainer with 50 mesh Stainless screen= $20.00. Then used 3/4 heater hose mounted it down on frame (clamped to frame mount) pass. side near coolant filter. Ran vent hose to rear of truck.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch0467 View Post
YES, looking at Amsoil for next oil change. CCV Mod bought from Tractor Supply Company(on line), Hypro 1 inch Polypropylene Line Strainer with 50 mesh Stainless screen= $20.00. Then used 3/4 heater hose mounted it down on frame (clamped to frame mount) pass. side near coolant filter. Ran vent hose to rear of truck.
Gotcha a hybrid DIY system if you will...

As long as someone doesn't tell you that your truck is on fire! On my 6.0 Excursion I vented to atmosphere (and never had a problem with droplets, just vapor) and I had a lady pull up to me at a stoplight and tell me my truck was smoking/on fire. I didn't have a lot of blow-by on that truck for starters, so she must have been pretty dang observant...

The look of her face when I said, "it's OK ma'am, I know...it's a diesel" was priceless!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM

Ronin, If you dont mind me asking...How much was the amsoil set up? oil, filter and by pass filter?
I took it out for a test drive today....OMG...runs like a raped ape....cannot believe the power...and i was only on Mild...should get some real good fuel mileage on our trip cross country to North Carolina.
Today, after lots of research, found the factory keyless entry code, and got that system working.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch0467 View Post
Ronin, If you don't mind me asking...How much was the amsoil set up? oil, filter and by pass filter?
I took it out for a test drive today....OMG...runs like a raped ape....cannot believe the power...and i was only on Mild...should get some real good fuel mileage on our trip cross country to North Carolina.
Today, after lots of research, found the factory keyless entry code, and got that system working.
Just shy of $420, (I'm a "preferred" customer, $20/year membership fee) and that's with an additional 12 feet of hose (had a little leftover) and the EaBP100 filter. I mounted it as high up on the frame rail as possible so I could position the filter in vertical (preferred) configuration. I'll be adding a FilterMag to it shortly (already have a Fumoto valve on the oil pan) so that will bring it up to about $500 (not including oil and oil filter). I ran an OilGuard on my 6.0 Excursion previously and liked it. The FS-2500 is likewise an excellent kit; they're just more expensive is all and it's a personal preference. Can't go wrong with running an oil bypass filter system on these trucks, especially if you plan on keeping it!

Hope this helps, have a safe trip!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:15 PM

ok, thank you, I have the Amsoil membership too. Will do it when we get back from our trip.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 PM

If you're not doing Blackstone oil analysis you might want to consider it. The Fumoto valve is pretty cheap and makes it real easy and it SHOULD help you feel better about dropping $500 on it!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Gotcha a hybrid DIY system if you will...

As long as someone doesn't tell you that your truck is on fire! On my 6.0 Excursion I vented to atmosphere (and never had a problem with droplets, just vapor) and I had a lady pull up to me at a stoplight and tell me my truck was smoking/on fire. I didn't have a lot of blow-by on that truck for starters, so she must have been pretty dang observant...

The look of her face when I said, "it's OK ma'am, I know...it's a diesel" was priceless!
lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 04-08-2012, 09:49 PM

i was told that 3/4 inch heater hose was too small I used 1inch not sure if theres any truth in that but thought id throw it out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.