Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CAI Opinion (yeah...sorry gang)

953 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sy1616 
#1 ·
Okay here's my dilemma: I've spent hours searching this (and other forums) and really haven't got a firm sense of what is the most intelligent choice.

A little background:

08 F350 stock truck. Live in Colorado and drive all over.

Since I wasn't planning to 'buy' a truck til 2013, my budget is pretty much trashed (lol).

I know that down the road (March/April 2013), I'm going to want to do the EGR / DPF delete, turbo back 4" exhaust, tuner. I've done a lot of reading and understand that these trucks REALLY like to breath, but I've read that the stock CAI works pretty well.

I'm going to be doing a road-trip in about 10 days to AR, to pick up a buddies Porsche and transport back to CO and would like to ensure I'm doing what's best for my truck!

Choices:
1) Run the truck stock til next March/April

2) Buy a CAI now and do the next March/April

Thanks gang!

See less See more
#2 ·
I got a good deal on my aFe intake from PTP so I bought it months before the rest of my kit. Other than being able to hear the turbo breathe, it didn't really do anything so I would vote to wait.

#4 ·
I have never had a CEL. Or the filter minder.

#5 ·
a lot of people get the check engine light with a afe I did and i kept clearing it and it never comes back now or atleast since i deleted the dpf. if you can afford it and want it thenbuy it but its really not necessary. you wont hurt anything on the road trip by leaving it

#6 ·
The updated afe intake elbow connecting the filter to the turbo is supposed to stop the cel from coming up. You can see the maf sensor is rotated a little They sent me the updated one when the mass air flow sensor screws were just spinning in the plastic not tightening or loosening up at all.

#8 ·
I just installed a Banks CAI on my stock truck while waiting for other goodies to arrive. Design and construction is great, quality is awesome. I wanted a closed system and many guys I talked to including sponsors here recommended it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.