Flashpaq 1808 junk or not? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Flashpaq 1808 junk or not?

Hey I am new to the forum and new to diesel tuning. I just picked up a 08 F350 lariat with 39k on it last week. So long story short, I pulled up to a Ferrari Italia yesterday and got smoked. It was worth it just to hear his car take off... but it made me want a little more pick up and I love to tinker with vehicles so I ordered a used flashpaq 1808 last night on Ebay. I tried to look up info about it on here, but all the treads are from 2007/08. Everyone said they hated it and it just clogged their DPF. I assume that Superchips has (hopefully) fixed the problem, but am not sure. Any input on the tuner? Should I install it or just try to sell it? I plan on getting a H&S just cannot justify it to my wife, so that will have to wait. I do not pull anything ever and just looking for a little more driving enjoyment. Any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

All responses you will get from this site is sell it and get h and s, spartan, and you might get a few sct responses as well. I have have done a lot of reading on this forum and I have not heard of that tuner. I am guessing there is hardly anybody on this forum that is actively using that tuner. The h and s is spendy but well worth it IMO

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app
Old 04-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Ditch the superchips. Look around and you can find an SCT livewire and you'll be able to delete and tune. I would highly advise against tuning with the DPF in place. That is just bad news
Old 04-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I guess you basically have to delete your DPF in order to not screw anything up when you tune it? That sucks! What happens to the DPF if you tune it with it on? Does it just clog it up?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Gets clogged up then you pay either 180 for a delete pipe or 2,000 for a new dpf

Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good lord that's a lot of money. I guess I will just sell it and wait a freaking year for the H&S....I hate my life.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:05 PM

Don't say that. It will be ok. I waited 4 years.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM

Junk.

Ask and answered.

If all you're interested in is a intake/tuner/exhaust Spartan gives you great options (including DPF off and on) and a great gauge display.

Supporting vendors here can usually give you a great package deal too. Do it in steps if cost is an issue. Up to 150 HP over stock with the DPF-on with the tuner only (although you may also want to an intake or at least a high flow replacement filter [I'm pretty sure aFe makes one]) and move up to a DPF/DOC delete pipe later and the higher DPF-off tunes later...
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM

Junk.

Sell it and buy delete kit with tuner. My suggestion is to not even bother with dpf on tunes and crap. Get it off and be done with it. Air intake can wait, unless you get a good package deal. Delete pipe and tuner first, asap!!!
Gotta have tuner for dpf on tunes anyways, whats a delete pipe cost.....$100?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I appreciate all the inputs, I guess I should had specified I still have a warranty for 2 years and 100k mile warranty on the engine. I bought it used so I might just wait a while and make sure nothing big goes wrong then do it. I have tuned all my other cars and was just wondering if anyone uses a Tatrics cable to tune? It is basically a OBD2 on one end and a USB on the other, and you just save the tunes to your computer and upload them when you want to change them. Anyone use that on here? I just ask because I had one before and it was super cheap($68) and worked very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.