Alright Fellas need a little help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alright Fellas need a little help

I am wanting to delete and go with Mini Maxx etc. The problem is explaining and justifying the $1000 to the wife. I think she is starting to get it, however, I need you guys to reply to this giving me your best "heres why" that you would tell your significant other. Feel free to word it as if you are sitting down with your wife/gf. I will need all the help I can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 06:39 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Well mine it's easy, say its for the business and if she catches on tell her well it's about the same as you getting your hair done 10 times.

Ps...find a used one. I bought the dpf delete pipe and mini maxx for 900 shipped to my door so if you keep looking I'm sure you can find a good deal to save ya a little money.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
Well mine it's easy, say its for the business and if she catches on tell her well it's about the same as you getting your hair done 10 times.

Ps...find a used one. I bought the dpf delete pipe and mini maxx for 900 shipped to my door so if you keep looking I'm sure you can find a good deal to save ya a little money.
Unfortunately she will know its not for work. I am trying to sell her on the engine longevity and fuel economy part. She is a Mechanical Engineer so she gets the science of cooler engine temps, efficiency etc. She is just not near as in a hurry about it as I am
Old 03-28-2012, 06:55 AM

All the cool kids are doing it.

Give me a holler, I can throw in one of our new womens t-shirts for her.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post

Excellent...That might be what it takes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRBD View Post

Also Nate...I am wanting to leave the stock muffler and tips so tell me what package i will need to Delete the DPF/CAT and still maintain the stock Muffler and Tips?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM

Below is a link to the H&S packages. You will want to choose the first exhaust option which is the Diamond Eye DPF/Cat delete. This will delete the DPF/Cat, but leave the rest of the exhaust system stock.

H&S Performance 6.4L Packages
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to PSDfreak
Keep you eyes peeled on ebay...It took me about 3 weeks of watching but I finally picked up a brand new minimaxx in box with pyrometer for $500. The pyrometer isnt needed for the 6.4 (has one stock) and they go for $140 on ebay so even better deal...

Thats what I did anyway.

Good luck
Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 PM

engine monitoring of h/s tuner takes a lot of suprise out of malfunctions and breakdowns.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycleman07 View Post
Unfortunately she will know its not for work. I am trying to sell her on the engine longevity and fuel economy part. She is a Mechanical Engineer so she gets the science of cooler engine temps, efficiency etc. She is just not near as in a hurry about it as I am
Try this.

Understand what is going on in your $11,000.00 motor stock.
1, Regen process, add fuel on the exahust stroke to clean the exahust filters, this washes the cylinders down with fuel and leaks into the crankcase... Fuel in oil = Bad
2. Regen fueling cause bad fuel mileage, if yoru not burning it to create power it is being wasted. Heat is energy and it shoudl be used to push on the pistorns not to clean the filters.
3. EGR, this is a dumb idea from the getgo. Look at Eric's latest thread for the pictures. That should say it all. The EGR dumps hot gases and soot back into the intake (So why exactly do we have air filters again?) which ends up being a gritty tar like substance. Don't believe the pictures, take the intake elbow off....
4. Heat is the enemy of a turbo charger, regen up the exahust temps to something like 1500 degrees...... that can't be good for a oil lubricated bushing in the turbo.
5. Exahust temps under the truck are hot enough to start a fair if parked in the tall grass. Result burning your truck tot he ground and causing a field fire that you are responsible for.

You paid $XX,XXX.XX for yoru rig, with all the above equipment on it you shoudl get something like 100,000 mile out of it maybe. If that is the case why does Ford not warentee the power train for 100,000 mile any more?

My 99 7.3 lasted 520,000 miles before I traded it for a 05 6.0, which went 125,000, before a laundry list of probelms began.
My 08 is deleted and I expect it to last well over 200,000 miles it is called ROI in the financial world....

Good luck with your argument.

Any doubt on what i've said talk to a performance guy like Eric, Nate, Aaron, etc. Pull the intake elbow and see for yourself. then take a look down the intake of your car/bike/lawn mower.......

Key to a long life of a diesel engine, Clean Air, Clean Fuel, Clean Oil, keep EGT within limits and let 'er cool down before shutting off, and let 'er warm up before jumping on the loud peddel.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by MD05; 03-29-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.