need advice on DPE delete ect - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need advice on DPE delete ect

Hey guy's......been reading here for about a month or so.
I bought a 08 450 DRW 4X4 about 5-6 weeks ago.
It has 105000 miles but still looks new.....I don't think it had ever seen a dirt road till I bought it.
Anyways, it has been back to the dealer several times and that is why I found this forum to learn more about this truck and it's problems.

I do think problems have been finally solved. It was showing some fuel system codes(not sure what codes). The dealer did find the turbos bad and replaced them. also some O-ring on the tank fuel pump which didn't last so today they put in a new pump. Seems to be running great now.

My question is that I have read alot about deleting some of the crap on these engines and I would like to go this route I think.

Now I am not interested in alot more power, it is fine now for what I use it for, mostly running around for farm use and such. I will be pulling grain carts with it at harvest but not very far.
Mostly bought it because it just looks so good

I was looking at a DPE delete kit from one of the vender's on this forum, PTP.
It is this kit...
DPF-R Ford 4.0 Plus Programmer with aFe DPF Delete Race Exhaust (Stainless Steel)

Part #: FEK40AFE

$749.00
It looks simple, should up my mpg when just driving around and it claims around 70hp gain. This all sounds good to me but what do you all think.
And it would be easy to put back to stock if I need more work.(I did buy an extended warranty for another 24,000 miles)

So is this a good starting point or not?

Thanks for any help.
Later B&C-out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Congrats on the rig sounds great!! Your headed the right direction and will be extremly happy !! The DPF Delete and programmer , for starters and maybe cold air intake , PTP is a Great place to purchase that stuff , ive delt with them several times and great customer service !!, I run the H&S blackmaxx its a bit more expensive but i like the options it gives me, Good Luck with your discision!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Chrome450 View Post
Hey guy's......been reading here for about a month or so.
I bought a 08 450 DRW 4X4 about 5-6 weeks ago.
It has 105000 miles but still looks new.....I don't think it had ever seen a dirt road till I bought it.
Anyways, it has been back to the dealer several times and that is why I found this forum to learn more about this truck and it's problems.

I do think problems have been finally solved. It was showing some fuel system codes(not sure what codes). The dealer did find the turbos bad and replaced them. also some O-ring on the tank fuel pump which didn't last so today they put in a new pump. Seems to be running great now.

My question is that I have read alot about deleting some of the crap on these engines and I would like to go this route I think.

Now I am not interested in alot more power, it is fine now for what I use it for, mostly running around for farm use and such. I will be pulling grain carts with it at harvest but not very far.
Mostly bought it because it just looks so good

It is this kit...
DPF-R Ford 4.0 Plus Programmer with aFe DPF Delete Race Exhaust (Stainless Steel)

$749.00
It looks simple, should up my mpg when just driving around and it claims around 70hp gain. This all sounds good to me but what do you all think.
And it would be easy to put back to stock if I need more work.(I did buy an extended warranty for another 24,000 miles)

Thanks for any help.
Later B&C-out
Truthfully, I would go the H&S tuner route. We have seen better results going this route and it is a much better product. Let us know if we can help with any questions.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guy's for the info.

Nate....I've been reading more and about come to the conclusion to go with a H&S tuner.
If I go with the Mini Max, this comes with a DPF eliminate pipe right? Can I run my stock exhaust with this setup and be ok or do I need to open this up also?

And can I delete the egr later?

And which air intake would you recommend?

sorry for all the questions, but I'm an old fart that is just not up to date on this stuff.

Again, Thanks for the help
Later, B&C-out

Last edited by Black&Chrome450; 03-20-2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 03-20-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black&Chrome450 View Post
It is this kit...

$749.00

Thanks for any help.
Later B&C-out
If all your looking for is a boost in mileage, then yeah, this is a good kit. I know several people running it. If your looking for mileage and HP gains higher then that, then take a look at the H&S packages they offer.

Both would require the same amount of work to revert back to stock for dealer and/or emissions purposes.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to blackcloud2k Send a message via Yahoo to blackcloud2k
Your better off going with the H&S set up. Since you will be towing some pretty heavy loads, having guages is a must in my mind. The black max and mini max has everything you will need. Nate can set you up with a package deal with the H&S, delete pipe and intake.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the insight all, The more I read and study, the more I'm convinced to go ahead with the H&S. I may be gittin old but I know I would still like to bump 'er up a little ever now and then and dust off some punk
And I really do like the gauge options.

Will be getting with Nate and try to figure out what all I need.

You all would be welcome to all come over and help me put it all on.....
I have lot's of Home brew on hand.
I really hate the climbing under and over a vehicle anymore.....did I mention I have LOT"S of home brew on hand..

Thanks again,
Later, B&C-out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.