6.4L TUNED mpg - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
6.4L TUNED mpg

Hey yall...I was talkin with my buddy that I bought my H&S Tuner off of and he was asking what kind of mileage I'm gettin. I'm averaging like 15-16 mpg...he was getting 20+ on the highway. So my question is...what are you guys gettin? I did fuel filters and oil change and it's still the same...could it be my motor isn't "broken in" yet? It's only got 39k miles on it...

thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Be happy, very happy w/ 15-16mpg!!! He's prolly going by what the dash said....
Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I was getting 9.2 mpg and am almost getting 13 now. I'd Love to have 15. but my truck is just yanking the trailer around so if I drove highway not towing then I would have to say I'd be in the upper teens
Old 03-16-2012, 05:48 AM

It does depend somewhat on your H&S settings. I'm running the 250 tune with low boost level 3 and the S1M tranny tune. I'm getting ~17.8 hand calculated, but I drive 90% highway with little to no stop and go traffic. At stock with DPF I was getting ~15 hand calculated.

The lie-o-meter is what its known for. Mine is showing an average of 20.4 right now. Lame..

EDIT: I dont accelerate hard and I cruise at a good speed. I did these mods for longevity and piece of mind. I hit 5th gear lockup at 55 and cruise at about 60-65. My EGTs are running right around 510-560. If you play nice, it'll play nice back.

EDIT EDIT: But it sure is fun to get on it every now and then...

Last edited by nlcougar; 03-16-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM

Im sure he was looking at the lie-o-meter when he was getting 20+. I have spartan and i get on a average of 15 MAYBE
Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i will have to look and see what my dash says. might make me feel better about paying $4 a gallon. probably not haha
Old 03-16-2012, 09:01 AM

I have the Spartan tuner. The Lie O Meter says I get up to 24mpg. On a weekly average I get 15.5 to 16.5. I have only taken one long trip since I tuned it and I got 18.2. Will be taking a trip in May from upstate SC to Daytona Florida. I look forward to see what kind of milage I get...
Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 PM

I was getting 15.5 - 16 mpg with mostly highway driving... However I do make several trips a week into Destin. I was getting almost 18 mpg on the interstate when I went on a few trips (72mph cruise control on). BUT now that I put the 37" trail grapplers on, it has dropped a bit. Haven't calculated a full tank yet, but I'm guessing it's gonna be about 13 mpg with spring break traffic clogging up ol hwy 98 in Miramar beach and Destin.
I'm running the HD 300 tune on wild with schedule 2 low tranny tune
Old 03-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Don't you worry about it

I get 11 in town and 15-17 highway. Best I have ever gotten was 20.6 and it was 100% highway gas station to gas station. Pearl (Ford F-250 Super Duty) | Fuelly
Old 03-17-2012, 02:53 PM

I have done several cross country trips with my rig and my hwy avg is 17.5-18. I have gotten 19+ at times and 16.5 at times depending on terrain and wind. My avg speed is usually 72 or so. All those miles are empty miles, not towing. I have not gotten to do any long distance towing yet with it. I run an H&S Mini Max and run the highest level depending on whether or not I am running the HD 300 or the Mild tuning. There really isnt much of a difference if any with fuel mileage between the two. At least for my rig. It is stock height with stock tires and 3.55 gears.

City Mpg usually aroung 14

Last edited by Loco Powerstroke; 03-17-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: City Mpg is usually 14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.